Search

25,000 MR Points for Green Card

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2003, 11:26 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
25,000 MR Points for Green Card

I just received an ERewards email that offered 25,000 AMEX MR points to sign up for the Preferred Rewards Green Card ... even with an annual fee of $110 that's a darn good deal!

Sign-up Form for this offer (I think it should be transferrable

From the email I received:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Apply for the American Express Preferred Rewards Green Card and start turning your purchases into points redeemable for exceptional travel and shopping rewards, like free flights and nights at premier hotels. It allows you to earn double points at the places you shop every day, so you can get the rewards you want even faster.*

Of course, you’ll also get the kind of unsurpassed service you’d expect from American Express, including access to over 1,700 Travel Service Offices worldwide, settlement of bill disputes on your behalf, and more. But apply now and you'll also receive 25,000 bonus points with your first purchase — that's like getting a free airline ticket.†

Reward yourself with all the benefits that come with the Preferred Rewards Green Card. Between getting a free flight and all the other exceptional services you get with American Express, the annual fee of $110 can pay for itself.

To review the terms and conditions of this Card, please visit Terms and Conditions. *In addition to earning double points on everyday spending at qualifying stand-alone supermarkets, drugstores, gas stations, home improvement stores, the U.S. Postal Service (excluding bulk mail), and for payments for your wireless phone bill, you can also earn one point for virtually every other dollar you spend. Double points offer not valid in departments of superstores or warehouse clubs.

†25,000 Membership Rewards® bonus points will be credited to your Membership Rewards account 6-8 weeks after your first purchase. You can then redeem 25,000 Membership Rewards points for a free domestic coach class airline ticket. Bonus ID 2328. </font>
Old May 7, 2003, 12:33 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Beckles:
I just received an ERewards email that offered 25,000 AMEX MR points to sign up for the Preferred Rewards Green Card ... even with an annual fee of $110 that's a darn good deal!

Sign-up Form for this offer (I think it should be transferrable

From the email I received:

Apply for the American Express Preferred Rewards Green Card and start turning your purchases into points redeemable for exceptional travel and shopping rewards, like free flights and nights at premier hotels. It allows you to earn double points at the places you shop every day, so you can get the rewards you want even faster.*

Of course, you’ll also get the kind of unsurpassed service you’d expect from American Express, including access to over 1,700 Travel Service Offices worldwide, settlement of bill disputes on your behalf, and more. But apply now and you'll also receive 25,000 bonus points with your first purchase — that's like getting a free airline ticket.†

Reward yourself with all the benefits that come with the Preferred Rewards Green Card. Between getting a free flight and all the other exceptional services you get with American Express, the annual fee of $110 can pay for itself.

To review the terms and conditions of this Card, please visit Terms and Conditions. *In addition to earning double points on everyday spending at qualifying stand-alone supermarkets, drugstores, gas stations, home improvement stores, the U.S. Postal Service (excluding bulk mail), and for payments for your wireless phone bill, you can also earn one point for virtually every other dollar you spend. Double points offer not valid in departments of superstores or warehouse clubs.

†25,000 Membership Rewards® bonus points will be credited to your Membership Rewards account 6-8 weeks after your first purchase. You can then redeem 25,000 Membership Rewards points for a free domestic coach class airline ticket. Bonus ID 2328. </font>

Be careful...may not be transferable. I got this e-rewards offer but only for 15,000 MR. Probably because I already have the gold preferred card.
Old May 7, 2003, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DallaStarwooDelta:

Be careful...may not be transferable. I got this e-rewards offer but only for 15,000 MR. Probably because I already have the gold preferred card.
</font>
I think you're giving Erewards too much credit ... I've had an AMEX card since I was 18 and am currently a Plantinum AMEX holder, so I doubt they'd target such an offer at me if they knew my current AMEX status.

I'm pretty sure the targetting is based solely on your ERewards profile, and I would bet the link is not receiver specific, they really don't have a good way of cross referencing for sure who received the offer and who signed up for it.
Old May 8, 2003, 11:41 am

Nothing on the application link indicates a 25K bonus. I received an e-Rewards e-mail for a Rewards Gold card for $90 a year and 20K bonus miles miles. However, I believe that card only offers one point per dollar charged rather than the two.
Old May 8, 2003, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TTT103:
Nothing on the application link indicates a 25K bonus. I received an e-Rewards e-mail for a Rewards Gold card for $90 a year and 20K bonus miles miles. However, I believe that card only offers one point per dollar charged rather than the two.</font>
I'm pretty sure that card offers the same two points per dollar for "Everyday" purchases.
Old May 9, 2003, 8:19 am
Original Member

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TTT103:
I received an e-Rewards e-mail for a Rewards Gold card for $90 a year and 20K bonus miles miles. However, I believe that card only offers one point per dollar charged rather than the two.</font>
What was the Bonus ID for that offer?
Old May 9, 2003, 5:55 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Flying Dutchman:
What was the Bonus ID for that offer?</font>
The bonus ID is 9096; however, this is not a gold version of the green card mentioned in the original posting of this thread. This is the gold card that earns you Membership Options points. I called AmEx this morning to ask if I could apply over the phone using the bonus code for the green card; however, I was told that this bonus had to be applied for using the link. Also, the Membership Option points are redeemed on a 2:1 basis for airline miles so 20K Option Points only transfers into 10K FF miles. The green card is a much better deal.

Old May 13, 2003, 10:40 am

Programs: UA GS & Marriott Titanium
Has anybody figured out if this is transferrable? I don't see any entry blank for the bonus ID and I don't want to apply and not get the MR points. Any suggestions?
Old May 13, 2003, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ajhun9:
Has anybody figured out if this is transferrable? I don't see any entry blank for the bonus ID and I don't want to apply and not get the MR points. Any suggestions?</font>
You could try calling AMEX and ask them ...

This is just my opinion, but I'd be willing to bet dollars to donuts that if you just click on the link I provided you'll get the bonus ... that junk in the link is what tells the AMEX website what offer it's for, and I really doubt that AMEX can check to see who was targeted for what promo by Erewards.
Old May 18, 2003, 1:18 pm

Programs: AS Gold/SPG Gold/Hertz PC
I applied using the link and got my card ... called Amex to make sure that the bonus MR points will be given ... Amex CS didn't have a clue about this, but transferred me to a MR CS who confired that I was eligible for this offer and that the bonus MR should post 6-8 weeks after my first purchase
Old May 20, 2003, 11:49 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ashaboe:
I applied using the link and got my card ... called Amex to make sure that the bonus MR points will be given ... Amex CS didn't have a clue about this, but transferred me to a MR CS who confired that I was eligible for this offer and that the bonus MR should post 6-8 weeks after my first purchase</font>
Welcome to FT, thanks for the info!
Old Jun 5, 2003, 5:08 am

I think it's quite deceptive to give 20,000 bonus miles for the gold card and in fine print somewhere else that it's a rate of 2 to 1 exchange for miles.
Old Jun 16, 2003, 3:10 am

I lost my email message for the green card. Anyone know the deadline for this promotion?
Old Jun 18, 2003, 5:59 am

For the 25,000 miles, the promo ended on the 31st of May.
Old Jun 19, 2003, 8:26 am
DH

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by b-real:
For the 25,000 miles, the promo ended on the 31st of May.</font>
Hmmm, I received the same offer from E-Rewards on June 6...

------------------
ValueConsumer.com Home of Tripple Dipping Online Shopping
BargainTalk Deals Forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.