Community
Wiki Posts
Search

25,000 MR Points for Green Card

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2003, 9:41 am

I applied for it the green card through the link provided on this site in early June and just confirmed that I will receive the points in 6-8 weeks.

FlyerTalk rocks!
Old Jun 19, 2003, 10:21 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DH:
Hmmm, I received the same offer from E-Rewards on June 6...

</font>
When was your deadline?
Old Jun 20, 2003, 5:15 pm

DH, would you mind posting the email you got? I would like the link to the offer. Thanks!
Old Jun 23, 2003, 3:14 am

I got the card, but how do I know that they will pay the 25,000 points? There has been very little mentioned about this all through the application process. I would feel stupid for paying a whopping $110 for an AMEX card.

[This message has been edited by sergio (edited 06-23-2003).]
Old Jun 23, 2003, 11:27 am

I would call Mileage Rewards at 800-297-3276 and tell them that you signed up with the specific promo code. BTW, if you signed up after June 1, can you post the link and promo code for the application or the email that you received? I would like to get in on this deal. Thanks!
Old Jun 24, 2003, 7:17 am
DH

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by b-real:
DH, would you mind posting the email you got? I would like the link to the offer. Thanks!</font>
My link is same as Beckles' -
https://www66.americanexpress.com/ca...0/0/0/n&from=2

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">†25,000 Membership Rewards® bonus points will be credited to your Membership Rewards account 6-8 weeks after your first purchase. You can then redeem 25,000 Membership Rewards points for a free domestic coach class airline ticket. Bonus ID 2328.</font>
------------------
ValueConsumer.com Home of Tripple Dipping Online Shopping
BargainTalk Deals Forum
Old Jun 30, 2003, 8:27 pm

Well, I just received my card today and called them and they said that I out of luck and WILL NOT be receiving the 25,000 points. So, now I am going to be charged $110/year for nothing!

(They said that the promo outline above ended at the end of May and that I applied in June)

The sole reason for this post is just to make sure other people do not apply and get stuck in the same boat as me.

I will probably cancel the card.
Old Jul 1, 2003, 5:18 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by steve100:
Well, I just received my card today and called them and they said that I out of luck and WILL NOT be receiving the 25,000 points. So, now I am going to be charged $110/year for nothing!

(They said that the promo outline above ended at the end of May and that I applied in June)

The sole reason for this post is just to make sure other people do not apply and get stuck in the same boat as me.

I will probably cancel the card.
</font>

I gotten the runaround too. However, try calling the membership rewards desk and mentioned code 2328, which appeared for June. They said they're the only that are aware of the code. Let us know how it goes.
Old Jul 1, 2003, 11:06 am

Steve100 and Sergio,

I was worried about the same thing. The sales rep told me that I can always switch to the gold card offer for 20,000 bonus points if I am not happy with the green card.

The bonus code for the gold card offering 20,000 bonus points and 2 pts. fro every dollar is CODE:9069
Old Jul 1, 2003, 9:19 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Girly:
Steve100 and Sergio,

I was worried about the same thing. The sales rep told me that I can always switch to the gold card offer for 20,000 bonus points if I am not happy with the green card.

The bonus code for the gold card offering 20,000 bonus points and 2 pts. fro every dollar is CODE:9069
</font>
These points are equal to 10,000 green points and 2 points equal 1 green point. Not worth my time.

Old Jul 2, 2003, 12:13 pm

Thanks Sergio, but I did mention code 2328 numerous times to them and they looked it up and said that it expired at the end of May.

I wrote a very lengthly letter to Membership Rewards HQ - it will probably be several weeks before I here back... When I do, I will post my results here.
Old Jul 28, 2003, 3:57 pm

has anybody received the 25K bonus?
should I start fighting the battle now ?
Old Jul 28, 2003, 10:28 pm

Start the battle 8 weeks after your first purchase. Hang-up and call back until you get a competent agent. The first one I called on Sat 7/19 was clueless and told me to wait until my next statement and complain again then.

I tried again on Friday and got an agent who knew what to do. He took my bonus code, looked it up in the computer, found out it was stuck and gave it the nudge it needed to move along through the computer systems. He said it could take 6 to 8 weeks to post, but it was there the next day. And they were "available" too, not "pending".

I don't have my notes on exactly what he said he did (what kind of report he made, the name of the computers involved, etc.), if you need them ask and I'll post them.

Basically if you get the feeling they know what they are doing it can be fixed quickly. If they sound incompetent, hang up and try again.
Old Jul 29, 2003, 6:24 pm
Original Member

Thanks for the encouraging post, Rocketman.

I am nearing my eighth week.

Anything you could post regarding the procedure would be appreciated. I called and explained that E-Rewards sent me the offer in early June so hopefully everything will turn out ok.
Old Jul 30, 2003, 9:25 pm

I talked with Ray.

He verified my eligiblity when I gave him my bonus code.

He looked up the bonus status and saw that "the file had not processed" to post the bonus points.

He saw that it should have been processed on 5/30/03.

He setup a case to tell the "triumph" database to pass the file.

The points posted the next day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.