Community
Wiki Posts
Search

More Foursquare shopping discounts (UK)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:31 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Raffles
The T&C's say only Harrods Knightsbridge counts, ie Heathrow does not even though it will go through card as Harrods. I would be a bit nervy about getting one online.

House of Fraser - I bought 3 today (will get 3 more later) and the receipts say they are valid for 2 years. Even if you don't have any immediate need, with 2 years to use them I think its worth jumping in - the women in your life will go through enough cosmetics in 2 years, if nothing else!
I know, I was just hoping that they might get processed via their main store. With only a few weeks left there's no chance I'll be able to physically make it down to London before the end of the offer. If anyone had bought one online and it looked like it posted promisingly then I'd consider trying it to see if it worked with the offer.

Re. HoF - agree valid for 2y, but after all the recent High Street chains that have collapsed I'm personally a bit worried about having too much sitting on GCs, especially when it's not totally free ones like before but instead ones where you've actually spent some cash.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 3:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Don't bother handing over your harrods rewards card when buying gift cards, the transactions show up on your account but earn 0 points
Old Feb 8, 2013, 4:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Does anyone know what a £50 could be easily sold for on eBay? £40 or so?
Old Feb 8, 2013, 4:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by crystak
Does anyone know what a £50 could be easily sold for on eBay? £40 or so?
You'd be surprised actually.

I was researching this very subject myself recently just out of curiosity as I hate selling things on ebay, it's nothing but grief.

There are people on Ebay who will actually pay a couple of £ above face value for gift cards.

Why? I hear you ask!

Because they are probably sitting at home all day claiming benefits, but earning money out of buying and selling stuff on ebay and they don't want to transfer the money from paypal to their bank accounts because it will be seen as "income", then not only would they have to pay tax on the earnings but they would probably have their benefits taken away too.

My advice, steer clear!

Just find something you want to buy from harrods that can't be bought cheaper anywhere else and treat yourself!

Maybe an iPad mini?
Old Feb 9, 2013, 2:43 am

Programs: Some basic level ones
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
You'd be surprised actually.

Maybe an iPad mini?
Apologies for taking this slightly off topic, but does anyone know if Harrods Knightsbridge stock the Asus Nexus 7 android tablets?

Cheers
Old Feb 9, 2013, 3:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mlpinto
Apologies for taking this slightly off topic, but does anyone know if Harrods Knightsbridge stock the Asus Nexus 7 android tablets?

Cheers
I expect so, they have everything!

If not, they will get it for you
Old Feb 9, 2013, 9:28 am

I have just purchased a pair of Bose QuietComfort 15's from Harrods for £139.50 thanks to Amex
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:52 am

Programs: Some basic level ones
Originally Posted by mlpinto

Cheers
Answering my own question in case it's of use to anyone else...

Yes they do :-)
Old Feb 14, 2013, 3:21 pm

If anyone is in London, spend £30 and get £10 back at The May Fair bar via FS. Offer valid until the end of March.
Slightly pretentious crowd, but good for post work thirsty Thursday!
Old Feb 14, 2013, 4:07 pm

Programs: BA , Diners Club, El Al, YourPoints.
I love foursquare and all but the checking in etc is a bit annoying. I won't complain! But I've yet to have Amex credit something without me pushing them to do so.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:21 am

I'm trying to work out how to run multiple 4SQ accounts for my 3 Amex cards. I can register for a new 4SQ account using a different email but it won't associate the account with my phone as I only have one mobile. Am I being dumb?
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by garethmorgan
I'm trying to work out how to run multiple 4SQ accounts for my 3 Amex cards. I can register for a new 4SQ account using a different email but it won't associate the account with my phone as I only have one mobile. Am I being dumb?
go to "my settings", then logout
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:42 am

Sorry, I am being dumb.

I've got the 4SQ accounts but I can't see how to switch between them on my iPhone.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by PanGalactic
After using 6 cards in Harrods earlier today I just checked all my Foursquare accounts for the notifications and they are as follows:

Supp BAPP - yes
BAPP - yes
BMI - yes - twice
Supp Platinum - yes
Gold - yes
Lloyds - no - uhoh! It had to be that one didn't it!
Unsurprisingly, all credits have come through except lloyds
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by garethmorgan
Sorry, I am being dumb.

I've got the 4SQ accounts but I can't see how to switch between them on my iPhone.
log out, then log back in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.