Wiki Posts
Search

Ever used Your Ticket reward?

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2001, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Ever used Your Ticket reward?

I am trying to decide whether it's worth it to utilize the Your Ticket reward. Has anyone used it? Would you please share some experience? Thanks.
Old May 18, 2001, 11:06 am

I think it is a scam. If you look at the maximum ticket price values, you are getting far less than the 2% value (or more) you should be able to get by converting MR points into airline miles. For example, a continental US "Your Ticket" award costs 35,000 points - significantly more than the 25,000 points required from most airline programs for a free coach ticket. But yes, there are no blackout dates, etc. Yet presumably 35,000 points should translate to a $700 ticket value based on a standard 2% value. The rules only allow a $500 tikcet and require a Saturday night stay and 21 day advance purchase. If the ticket is more than $500 - you're stuck paying cash! I'd sooner put 25,000 points into an airline program - get a free ticket without any such restrictions - and still have 10,000 points to spare.
Old May 18, 2001, 2:32 pm

All of your points are true, but you are leaving out one benefit of Your Ticket. Your Ticket results in a real ticket that earns base miles on an airline. I hate flying when I am not accruing miles toward elite status.

For this reason, when I fly, I use Your Ticket. When I use miles to fly someone else, I use 25,000 miles on a partner airline.
Old May 19, 2001, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is the Your Ticket is subject to the load limits that an airline miles ticket is subject to?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.