Wiki Posts
Search

Earning Points

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 1999, 3:09 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Earning Points

Are there any other ways to earn reward points other than through purchases with the card. I need to accumulate 135,000 miles in the next 8-10 months. Any ideas? I am trying to get enough points to stay at the Kona Village Resort for three nights free?
Old Jan 5, 1999, 4:03 pm
pgupta011

Sometimes for hotel chains it is better to get a card directly associated with the hotel chain. For example for Sheraton, the Sheraton Optima (which does not have any annual fees) will give you 1 point per dollar charged, while the membership rewards will give you 1/3 point per dollar charged. Similarly for Hilton, the Hiton Optima has a better conversion rate.

Old Jan 13, 1999, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
At various times they give quite a few points for new subscriptions to the SkyGuide airline schedule book - I got 10,000 for an 18-month subscription. You might call them about that. For that matter, have you tried calling them and asking what offers they have going right now? Might even be on their Web site, though I haven't looked.
Old Jan 13, 1999, 12:37 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
I recently received an offer from AMEX targeted at corporate card holders without personal AMEX cards. Sign-up for a personal card, link it with your corporate card account, and receive 15,000 bonus miles. The cost of the personal card would only be $80 and that would include the $75 AMEX charges corporate cardholders for participation in AMEX Membership Rewards. Thus you really only pay $5 extra, get the 15,000 bonus miles, and get a personal card as well.
Old Jan 13, 1999, 9:05 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
MileKing ~ Isn't there a fee ($25 I think ...) for enrolling a personal green card in Membership Rewards still?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.