Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge at DFW (New larger location opened 27 September 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 4, 2013, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
In March 2017 American Express contracted for a larger space at DFW Terminal D. It sounds as if the Centurion Lounge should relocate in mid-2018. Begin reading HERE.

Located mezzanine floor by gate D-17 (marked lift / elevator)
(All terminals at DFW can be accessed within the secured area)

Hours: 5:30am-10pm

Spa Hours: 9am-8pm
(Reservations required; two spa staff avail for 20m appointments)

http://thecenturionlounge.com/location/DFW

Last call for the bar is 9:30pm

Lounge Access

All American Express® Card Members with a valid American Express Credit or Charge Card are eligible to visit the Lounge. Any eligible American Express Card Member may purchase a one-day pass at the Lounge for $50, subject to capacity. If you are a Platinum Card® or Centurion® Member, access to The Centurion Lounge is complimentary as part of your Card Membership.
What is the guest policy?

Platinum® Card members who receive complimentary access may enter with up to two guests at no additional charge.

Centurion members may enter with up to two guests or immediate family (spouse or domestic partner, and children under 18) at no additional charge.

Guest access is per Card Member, not per Card. Family or guests may not enter or remain in the lounge unless accompanied in the lounge by the Card Member.

If you purchase a one-day pass, your children under 18 may accompany you at no additional charge. You must purchase a one-day pass for any additional guests.
Further access FAQ
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge at DFW (New larger location opened 27 September 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2014, 10:02 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, WN CP, National EE, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hilton Diamond, Sheraton Gold
I've been to the Centurion Lounge in DFW over 10 times since opening. Have not actually been in an Admirals Club in DFW since it opened. I did notice the "unkept" bathroom once last week.. Just wondering if maybe it was a fluke.

With that said, I was ready to buy an AC membership on March 24th, but now I'm not so sure. I fly out of SNA, so I transit via DFW (90%) or ORD (10%). Most of my final destinations don't have ACs. So I need to do some soul searching to see if it's really worth it for the AC in SNA.. On the flip side, it could be a stress saver when I have an IRROP in DFW/ORD, but haven't really had those (knocking on wood) lately.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:37 pm
formerly gohima

No mention of the spa/massage amenities on the centurion lounge site...

Does anyone know if this service has been discontinued? Stuck in DFW for four hours tomorrow and a massage sure sounds nice.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 1:53 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Originally Posted by gohima

Does anyone know if this service has been discontinued? Stuck in DFW for four hours tomorrow and a massage sure sounds nice.
I was there on Friday and was offered the service when I checked in. Also received the 1 month NY times subscription and receipe booklet
Old Apr 15, 2014, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, WN CP, National EE, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hilton Diamond, Sheraton Gold
Originally Posted by gohima

Yes, they have three offerings, facial, manicure and massage. Make sure you request when you check in, sometimes the wait can be over an hour for the services. They'll give you an appointment time, and you just show up to the spa area around that time.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 5:59 pm

Programs: All of the Above
It was being offered today. Wait was about an hour. I didn't indulge.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 8:53 pm

Programs: Starbucks Gold :-)
With Amex Plat, I can take in a guest for free right?
Old Apr 16, 2014, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by MDTyKe
With Amex Plat, I can take in a guest for free right?
You may bring your spouse or domestic partner and children under 18, OR two traveling companions, as complimentary guests.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 7:05 pm

Programs: Starbucks Gold :-)
Okay. Can I use the lounge on *arrival* at DFW or do they require a same-day onward ticket out of DFW? It says 'same day ticket', but I wonder would a LGA-DFW ticket suffice?
Old Apr 18, 2014, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by MDTyKe
Okay. Can I use the lounge on *arrival* at DFW or do they require a same-day onward ticket out of DFW? It says 'same day ticket', but I wonder would a LGA-DFW ticket suffice?
I've given my arrival BP several times and never had an issue.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Very enjoyable early Saturday morning, no spa services, but all else great with attentive service. ^
Old Apr 20, 2014, 1:03 pm
formerly gohima

Originally Posted by nyc2socal
Yes, they have three offerings, facial, manicure and massage. Make sure you request when you check in, sometimes the wait can be over an hour for the services. They'll give you an appointment time, and you just show up to the spa area around that time.
Everything went as planned and the massage was a nice service.

No one seemed to know why it is no longer mentioned on the website though
Old Apr 20, 2014, 4:22 pm

Programs: All of the Above
For those with kids, this is a great lounge because it has a kids area with TV/xBox, games, books, etc. +1 on the kids area. I've seen some international lounges have them, but this is the only one in the US that I've seen.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 3:00 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Only had an hour in the lounge the other day. Seeing as I took a super long drive back to DFW... I grabbed a quick shower, some fruit and headed out my way.

Staff was super kind. Felt very welcoming even SUPER early in the morning.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by DavidAL
For those with kids, this is a great lounge because it has a kids area with TV/xBox, games, books, etc. +1 on the kids area. I've seen some international lounges have them, but this is the only one in the US that I've seen.
The Admirals Club in ORD has a kids area too.. Can't wait for amex to open a lounge in ORD (if ever)...
Old May 23, 2014, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; LH FT (*A Silver); Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite; Starwood Corporate Preferred
Clarification question.... Has anyone used their Citi AA Amex card and paid for access? I am not seeing any confirmation that the Citi Amex (or any co-branded Amex) will get you in for $50.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.