Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

200K points forfeited due to cancelled Amex card (45 days ago)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2012, 9:09 pm
Original Poster

I quit my consulting firm on 7/6 and my corporate amex card was cancelled on 7/11. It seems the 200K+ amex points have been forfeited on 8/11. Do you think I'll be able to get them back when I call them tomorrow (MR office is closed right now)? My account is of good standing (they actually owe me $3000), and I have spent about $300k with them over the last 5 years. Any advice? Thanks
Old Aug 26, 2012, 9:24 pm

Programs: all
I think you should be able to. BTW do you also have a personal card. If you have a personal amex card then certainly the miles will not be cancelled
Old Aug 27, 2012, 12:00 am

Before the call i would make sure I had a green, gold, platinum card that was in good standing even if means applying and waiting a days for the new card.

You will make the workout process easier who ever handles the matter in my opinion. Others may differ strongly.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 9:48 am
Company Representative - Amex

Good Morning,

I would be more than happy to review your account, gtm3, to see if we can reinstate those points for you. It would help if you have another Amex Card with us so we can transfer the points to that account. Please contact me via Secure Message: http://aexp.co/dMb be sure to mention that I found your issue on FlyerTalk and I will be on the lookout for it.

I look forward to hearing from you, so I can resolve your issue.

Regards,

Rachel
Amex Customer Care
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by Amex Customer Care
Good Morning,

I would be more than happy to review your account, gtm3, to see if we can reinstate those points for you. It would help if you have another Amex Card with us so we can transfer the points to that account. Please contact me via Secure Message: http://aexp.co/dMb be sure to mention that I found your issue on FlyerTalk and I will be on the lookout for it.

Regards,

Rachel
Amex Customer Care
^^
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by Amex Customer Care
Good Morning,

Regards,

Rachel
Amex Customer Care
wow I hope you can help him out. That's great service right there if she can come through. Would be a shame to lose so many points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.