Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer american express reward points

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2012, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Transfer american express reward points

Hi Guys! I'm planing pretty big trip next year... My family is 12 people and I'm going to buy 12 tickets from Los Angeles to Moscow... I need your advice... my plan is this: I'm going to ask all my friends to send me their American Express rewards to my aeroplan account... once I have around million points I can buy all the tickets I need. my questions are

1. is it legally ok to ask/buy points from others?
2. is there a risk for the owner of American Express reward points owner to loose his/her account ?
3. in general is it a good plan?

thank you in advance!
Old Aug 14, 2012, 1:09 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Samvel Hovhannisyan
1. is it legally ok to ask/buy points from others?
Welcome to Flyertalk.

The USA version of Membership Rewards only permits transfers to the frequent flyer accounts of cardholders. To fully comply with this rule each and every one of your friends would need to make you an Authorized User on their American Express card account. In practice this rule is seldom enforced, but you should be aware of it.

I do not know how Aeroplan would react if you start to receive transfers from a dozen different American Express accounts. It would probably be better to use several different Aeroplan accounts, each in the name of one of the travelers, and have each receive points only from a few different American Express accounts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.