Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Limited Time Only: 75000 MR points- Business Gold Rewards from American Express

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Limited Time Only: 75000 MR points- Business Gold Rewards from American Express

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2012, 1:50 pm

I called the Executive offices @ 212-640-2000 and they were no help. I was told to call the 800# for customer service. They would not even listen to any detailsl of my complaint.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by Schutzee
I called the Executive offices @ 212-640-2000 and they were no help. I was told to call the 800# for customer service. They would not even listen to any detailsl of my complaint.
WOW!
Old Sep 18, 2012, 2:11 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Originally Posted by keirnna
WOW!
yep same here, after this i am winding down my collection of AMEX, I would not recommend getting any new promotion offers either.
Suspicious how they leave the links up when the promo period is clearly over. Almost, like they want to sucker people in on these offers.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 3:48 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis CC, Continental Onepass
I have been looking through the posts, but finding different answers. Does anyone know definitively whether the 12 month period to reapply for a bonus start with the date you received the previous card or cancelled it?
Old Oct 14, 2012, 8:28 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by sanctified50
I have been looking through the posts, but finding different answers. Does anyone know definitively whether the 12 month period to reapply for a bonus start with the date you received the previous card or cancelled it?
That question is the precise topic of this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...dit-cards.html

In my view we do not yet have a definitive answer, but the only way to test is to re-apply a year after the previous application.

Last edited by mia; Oct 14, 2012 at 11:41 am
Old Oct 22, 2012, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by aubreyfromwheaton
I applied for 75k gold biz amex couple months ago

got card

spent $10k finish couple few days ago

75k pts posted mid cycle just now!

Awesome!

Now what to do with them...
Is this typical? Has anyone else seen their bonus posted so quickly, and if it doesn't post quickly, how long before one should expect to see it without having to contact AmEx and follow up?

I met my minimum spend last week and have already made a payment for more than the full amount. No MR points pending yet.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 9:06 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by SusanDK
Is this typical? Has anyone else seen their bonus posted so quickly, and if it doesn't post quickly, how long before one should expect to see it without having to contact AmEx and follow up?

I met my minimum spend last week and have already made a payment for more than the full amount. No MR points pending yet.
My experience: $10k Spend met on 7/5, 75k points posted 7/10. Statement closed later in the month and payment was made 8/8 - points from statement posted 8/14. They don't post the points from the statement until AFTER payment is made, but for the bonus points I've always had them post within a few days and that includes sign-up bonuses (as noted above) as well as the double and triple bonus points on transactions.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 6:36 pm

I met the spend early in October and my 75,000 points posted AFTER my month-end billing cycle closed. This was my second billing cycle for the card. It seems that the time it takes for the points to post is quicker for some and slower for others. I don't need the point urgently so I'm not complaining just sharing for those of you who are on tighter timelines.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 5:36 am

Well, I had to fight for my points on this offer, but I finally got them.

I had completed my $10,000 spend, statement closed and paid in full. I knew the rule said it could take up to 6-8 weeks, but based on others' experience, I felt like something might potentially be wrong. So I sent a secure message and asked if AmEx could just confirm that my account was coded correctly for the offer and that the MR bonus points would, in fact, be forthcoming.

Got a response saying that there was no record of the offer on my account and I wouldn't earn bonus points. So I phoned Centurion customer service, explained the situation, and explained that it was actually a previous representative on the phone with me who suggested this offer to me. In addition, I had a .pdf copy of the offer, which she said was a good thing because I could fax it to her, she's attach it to the account for review, and she was sure it would be resolved based on the proof.

So I sent it to her and after about four days, received another secure message stating "We have reviewed your account and do not have a record of this particular Membership Rewards offer being extended to you. Therefore, we are unable to award these points to you."

I called Centurion customer service again and explained that I had called in previously expressing my interest to be targeted for one of the bonus offers, and that after much searching, the representative had directed me to this one. She couldn't take the application over the phone and told me I needed to do it online in order to get the bonus, which I did (thank goodness I kept the .pdf).

After nearly 30 minutes on the phone with him checking all the back information, the .pdf, and speaking to a supervisor, he credited the 75,000 MR points.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 9:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
I got an invite in the mail offering 75K points for $5K spend in ~ 5 months. There was a specific RSVP# that they asked to input when applying online on by phone. I have previously had a business gold card, but not this type that offers 3x/2x/1x.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
Applied for the card on 8/9. Met the spending requirement about a week ago. 75k posted today
Old Nov 12, 2012, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Time traveller
I got an invite in the mail offering 75K points for $5K spend in ~ 5 months. There was a specific RSVP# that they asked to input when applying online on by phone. I have previously had a business gold card, but not this type that offers 3x/2x/1x.
If that gold card is more than a year old then you should be able to get the 75k bonus points on this one.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 4:53 pm

They cant find the offer on my account,
What should I do ,
they have no record?
Old Dec 3, 2012, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by ascg
They cant find the offer on my account,
What should I do ,
they have no record?
You're supposed to take screenshots of the app as you do it so you have it as proof for such situations.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 1:44 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Originally Posted by friedablass
You're supposed to take screenshots of the app as you do it so you have it as proof for such situations.

i dont apply for AMEX CC anymore, they seem to have many of these bonus issues. They screwed me out of the PGR bonus once and the referral bonus for another cc.
In fact I have switched most of my travel spending to chase. I mean how can a travel card like this gld card have FX fees?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.