Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX UK and Foursquare team up

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2012, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

AMEX UK and Foursquare team up

As per this BBC article - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18259306

Seems like a fairly good deal on a lot of things...Nandos/Tesco/Pizza Express/House of Fraser - spend £10 or more and get a £10 credit back

To synch with your card, go here: http://sync.americanexpress.co.uk/Foursquare

Shame AMEX UK don't promote these things to customers, instead I get a lot of useless rubbish through the post.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 2:46 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by MoneyBagger
Shame AMEX UK don't promote these things to customers, instead I get a lot of useless rubbish through the post.
Offer appears on home screen at americanexpress.co.uk
Old Jun 2, 2012, 11:43 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb, Hilton Diamond
I saw the same thing in the US and tried syncing my UK card to use it there, however it was a US promo only.

Glad they brought it here.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 1:23 pm

I've synched
Does it take a while to kick in? No specials showing for me yet unless they don't pop up until I'm very close to a participating retailer etc
Old Jun 5, 2012, 1:33 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Saw this yesterday and I think it's pretty cool.

£10 off at the House of Fraser will be useful. £5 off eat isn't bad either.

Hopefully in time they will add more. Preferably more premium outlets too. Great idea though, I think!

Actually - interesting thought. I wonder if you apply a coupon/discount for a meal at a participating restaurant, will you still get the additional money back? I have Taste Card which does 2 for 1 at Pizza Express. Combine that with £10 back from Amex and you're looking at a tasty deal.

Last edited by clearedforlanding; Jun 5, 2012 at 2:23 pm
Old Jun 6, 2012, 5:03 am

Programs: not a lot
On the day it launched I was staying in a hotel next to a Pizza Express so checked-in and registered for the £10 off.

Discount has already posted on my account so this is a nice thing to have.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 8:19 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
I have 5 amex cards(3 with amex directly, 1 through mbna and 1 through lloyds). Now I know these deals are 1 per card, does that mean I can avail of these discounts 5 times? Also what about supplemtary card holder? It could essentially mean about £500 of free food/shopping...(£1000 if supplementary card holder was allowed although I dont think it would be)
Old Jun 6, 2012, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Enigma368
I have 5 amex cards(3 with amex directly, 1 through mbna and 1 through lloyds). Now I know these deals are 1 per card, does that mean I can avail of these discounts 5 times? Also what about supplemtary card holder? It could essentially mean about £500 of free food/shopping...(£1000 if supplementary card holder was allowed although I dont think it would be)
I don't believe so based on what AMEX say via Twitter: http://twitter.com/AskAmex_UK/status/208251965933756416

I wonder if the offer works for supplementary cardholders too?
Old Jun 8, 2012, 1:53 am

I have a supplementary card, may try later.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 8:02 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by clearedforlanding
Saw this yesterday and I think it's pretty cool.

£10 off at the House of Fraser will be useful. £5 off eat isn't bad either.

Hopefully in time they will add more. Preferably more premium outlets too. Great idea though, I think!

Actually - interesting thought. I wonder if you apply a coupon/discount for a meal at a participating restaurant, will you still get the additional money back? I have Taste Card which does 2 for 1 at Pizza Express. Combine that with £10 back from Amex and you're looking at a tasty deal.
Yep, don't think there'll be an issue with this - AIUI they just seem to apply an automatic credit when a purchase goes through if you've 'checked in' - don't think they'll know/care what discounts you've used as long as you've gone over the spend threshold for cashback
Old Jun 10, 2012, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Is there any way to get access to these discounts if you can't have Foursquare on your phone? (corporate blocking!)
Old Jun 29, 2012, 4:19 pm
ups

Programs: BAEC, Amex MR
Used it at pizzaexpress a few days back, and got the credit after 2 days of spending. Pretty cool!
Old Jun 30, 2012, 3:16 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Found it a little hit and miss. Obviously wasn't working at all for a few days recently but that was a system-wide fault. Now it's working I'm finding the odd store in the chain (eg Cafe Rouge) that doesn't seem to be participating. Also I normally find it is very quick to notify you when you've successfully used an offer, but when I used it at EAT yesterday no confirmation came up - have now had to submit a query.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 1:31 pm

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
Went to Nandos today so fingers crossed it appears on my statement. Spent £11 so only going to pay £1, nice!
Old Jun 30, 2012, 5:48 pm
ups

Programs: BAEC, Amex MR
By the way, initially Amex awarded MR points for the full spend, and now they have taken back 10 points for the £10 credit amount (on the same date as credit date)...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.