Search

Referral offers 2011

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2011, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: PC Platinum Amb
Referral offers 2011

Originally Posted by Olly-
I'm looking to take out a UK AmEx Platinum charge card - would somebody be able to organise a referral link for the 42,000 MR points offer?
I would like referral for this, however i did read that this finished on the 31/12 is this correct.??
Old Jan 1, 2011, 10:23 am

Programs: SPG Plat, CX DM, DL Gold, HHonors Gold, AA Plat
Platinum Card USA Referral

If anyone needs a platinum referral for the US PM me.

25000 MRs rewarded on $1k spend in 3 months.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 8:28 pm

In case no one knows about this: www.americanexpress.com/platinumfriends . If you have a AMEX Plat, you can refer a friend and you get 20k MR!!

Note: This should work in addition to the 50k MR sign-up bonus- although the email says sign up for 25k, when I click the email link it opens an application that says 50k!

Also, some people are having issues with the top link, saying their card is not good for it. AMEX said this is a known IT problem- try sending them a secure message if no dice.

Additional Info on 51K MR + $200 Annual Air Fee Credit
Info on yet another promo with this card, to Get A Regus Office Club Membership For Free!

This card has a $450 annual fee, but can be split amongst 4 cardholders.
Or, you can just sign up for card and spend $1000 for the 50k MR in first statement, get the MR, transfer them to Miles, and cancel the card. Some people have gotten the entire $450 back, some people got their fee refunded pro-rated!

-Even a canceled Amex Plat card will get you into airport lounges!
-50k MR = 75k Delta Miles currently
-People have used $200 Credit on aa.com Gift Cards!

So you can walk away with 75k Delta miles, a $200 aa.com GC, free lounge pass, and possibly not even spend anything toward the annual fee!

-As sweet as this card is, im looking to make it sweeter and split referral w/ s/o; if you have this card already and want to refer me plz PM me!

Im looking for a referral, FYI- any offers plz PM me (looking to split referral bonus). Thnx!

www.americanexpress.com/platinumfriends
If you have a AMEX Plat, you can refer a friend and you get 20k MR!!

Note: This should work in addition to the 50k MR sign-up bonus- although the email says sign up for 25k, when I click the email link it opens an application that says 50k!

....Im looking for someone to refer me, and split the referral bonus miles. Any takers? PM me, thnx!

Last edited by mia; Feb 17, 2011 at 6:46 am Reason: Combine three posts into one
Old Feb 17, 2011, 1:02 am

Programs: BA Blue, AMEX BA PP
Originally Posted by ethanb87
(looking to split referral bonus)
How?
Old Feb 17, 2011, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by PeteTheBrit
How?
I exchanged pms with him yesterday. He wants half of whatever the person referring him gets (half of referrers 10k). lol
Old Feb 17, 2011, 6:57 am

Programs: BA Blue, AMEX BA PP
Originally Posted by trublu
I exchanged pms with him yesterday. He wants half of whatever the person referring him gets (half of referrers 10k). lol
I didn't even know you could do that. It's not really in the spirit of the forum either...

I was lucky to end up with four referrals, for which i'm extremely grateful. Hopefully those who were referred can now be the referees.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 7:19 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator observation

This thread remains open because I think it provides an opportunity for members to help each other, and because the discussion is restricted to a single thread. However, please be careful not to violate this Flyertalk rule:

FlyerTalk is not a marketplace and nothing is to be offered for sale or conditioned on an exchange of money or barter.

My current interpretation is that merely offering to refer others (in this thread) is acceptable, but negotiating an exchange of points or other value is not.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by mia
This thread remains open because I think it provides an opportunity for members to help each other, and because the discussion is restricted to a single thread. However, please be careful not to violate this Flyertalk rule:

FlyerTalk is not a marketplace and nothing is to be offered for sale or conditioned on an exchange of money or barter.

My current interpretation is that merely offering to refer others (in this thread) is acceptable, but negotiating an exchange of points or other value is not.
I did not agree to refer him.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG gold, PC Plat, Delta GM, Amex Plat
I also have some referrals if anyone is interested.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 4:16 pm

Only 10k referral

For some reason, www.americanexpress.com/platinumfriends only offers me 10k for referring someone and not 20k like someone mentioned above. Anyone else seeing 20k?
Old Feb 20, 2011, 2:24 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum; SPG Platinum; Priority Club Platinum; Hyatt Platinum; BMI Silver; Delta Silver
Smile PM for Referal

PM me your email and I will gladly email you a referral link.

If you are going to apply anyway, might as well help someone else along the way!!

The email for some reason may say 25,000 but when you click the link you will see the 50,000 point offer on the application.

I have already received my 50k bonus and I just got my card less than 2 weeks ago.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Smile Anyone in UK want one?

If you're in the UK, PM me your e-mail address and I will send you the offer. It is 42,000 miles for a new Platinum GBP card. I don't think you can have an existing charge card for this to work.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 12:53 am

I can now refer both SPG credit (25k starpoint bonus) and Platinum Charge card members. Just PM name and email details. I've referred many FTers already.
Cheers!

Last edited by JackDaniels; Feb 21, 2011 at 10:04 pm Reason: spg credit card
Old Feb 21, 2011, 2:40 am

Didn't realise there was a SPG offer? What are the details, minimum spend? Which countries does it apply to?
Old Feb 21, 2011, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by eshaq786
Didn't realise there was a SPG offer? What are the details, minimum spend? Which countries does it apply to?
Hi eshaq786,

Apologies meant to specify it's the SPG credit card. Updated the post to reflect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.