Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

USA CENTURION card program changes: maximum two authorized users @ $2500 each

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USA CENTURION card program changes: maximum two authorized users @ $2500 each

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2012, 4:12 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by HookemHorns
Yes, it would have to be based on Ts & Cs
I know it's not impossible, but it's difficult because it can put the issuer in an adversarial position to their customer. A limit on the number of cards, without prying into the nature of the relationship with the primary cardholder is cleaner.

Citi had this policy when they operated the USA Diners Club franchise. They would not issue a card in my assistant's name even though the card is marketed as a Professional product for business use. The telephone conversation was heated, and the manager unwitting said something that infuriated me.
Old May 3, 2012, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
I know it's not impossible, but it's difficult because it can put the issuer in an adversarial position to their customer. A limit on the number of cards, without prying into the nature of the relationship with the primary cardholder is cleaner.

Citi had this policy when they operated the USA Diners Club franchise. They would not issue a card in my assistant's name even though the card is marketed as a Professional product for business use. The telephone conversation was heated, and the manager unwitting said something that infuriated me.
Imagine what it will do to all the agents who rep actors, sports figures, etc!! I have 4 AU now and will add a few before the deadline.
Old May 3, 2012, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by mia
A limit on the number of cards, without prying into the nature of the relationship with the primary cardholder is cleaner.
Excellent example...I would have to agree. I suspect AmEx will irritate a few Cents with the new policy, but the other route could really lead to some unintended confrontations.
Old May 4, 2012, 4:51 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
What is an Authorized User - another person with a Cent card who can use the services or just an additional card on the account?

99 AU sounds an extraordinarily high figure! Is this Personal or Business or both? I had an acquaintance who had the US Business Cent and all the employees in his business got one - presumably personally secured by him (very wealthy individual). That worked really well. Unfortunately passed away and so all the Cents were withdrawn by Amex .
Old May 4, 2012, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by YClass
What is an Authorized User - another person with a Cent card who can use the services or just an additional card on the account?
The primary Cent (or Plat) cardholder can authorize additional Cent (or Plat) cards that are supplementary to the primary account. AUs have most of the benefits of the primary card. Although each card carries a unique number, all charges are billed to a single account (the primary cardholder), and there is a fee for adding AUs.

Originally Posted by YClass
99 AU sounds an extraordinarily high figure! Is this Personal or Business or both?
True, and that is a very good question. I wouldn't want to be in the room when a Business Cent is telling the C-levels that they have to ration AUs!
Old May 4, 2012, 7:55 pm

can anyone confirm that this is for person and or business??? I only have my wife but its a business card and have considered adding one other employee for their good work...

If its business that is INSANE
Old May 7, 2012, 11:55 pm

I just spoke with a USA Centurion CSR today and she said no changes are coming on authorized users.

If I had to make a bet right now I would have to go with 2 users and ignore what the CSR said
Old May 8, 2012, 12:23 pm

99 does seem ridiculously high, I think in the UK you are only allowed to have 8 additional cards?

As for selling access to your account.. well you get what you deserve.

I've asked Amex before in the UK if they are able to set a limit on the other cards, and was told they could not.
Old May 8, 2012, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG
ICC Centurion has the capability of adding one plastic Centurion supplementary card, 19 Plat/Gold/Green for Euro and Dollar card, 4 Plat/Gold/Green for Sterling cards, without additional fees.
Old May 8, 2012, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by stratofortress
And some of us are married, but live in a state where our marriage isn't recognized...
How is that possible? Like 'common law' marriage?
Old May 8, 2012, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by AllanAtlanta
Or same-sex marriage.
Old May 9, 2012, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by a7800
Originally Posted by AllanAtlanta
Or same-sex marriage.
Ahh, I'll never understand the issue there. I'm pretty sure married couples pay more taxes so the government should be OK with it just on basic economics. I can't grasp the CON argument in this debate.
Old May 10, 2012, 5:29 pm

Programs: many
Some people have a lot of wives.
More common in other countries, and some interesting states in the US.

And then there's the ex-wives. A lot easier to keep track of where the alimony is going and also get benefits for it.^

Some divorce lawyers should pay me for that advice
Old May 11, 2012, 8:43 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by pcharles
Some people have a lot of wives.
More common in other countries, and some interesting states in the US.

And then there's the ex-wives. A lot easier to keep track of where the alimony is going and also get benefits for it.^

Some divorce lawyers should pay me for that advice
I lolled
Old May 15, 2012, 12:24 pm
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
Has anyone confirmed this?

It's an interesting idea. Will make it more exclusive, though it might cause some issues for some customers. I imagine this would only apply to the personal card, not the business card.

Last edited by b8b; May 19, 2012 at 11:56 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.