Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only [2011 - 2015]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2014, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mooper
Read this primer first

• In the Amex Membership Rewards family, both the Consumer and Business versions of the Platinum and Centurion cards qualify for a $200 airline credit. The Premier Rewards Gold (PRG) card is eligible for a $100 airline credit.
  • You must click here to select Delta as your enrolled airline before you make a reimbursable purchase, else the benefit won't apply. The feature is activated immediately upon airline designation.
  • If you've selected DL in the past and don't wish to change airlines, there's no need to select again; current selection rolls into future years until modified.
  • Reported reimbursed incidental charges have included baggage and other service fees, award and change fees (incl standby, SDC), taxes, in-flight purchases (not WiFi), lounge access fees, EC upgrade (seat assignment) fees, priority boarding fees, Delta mileage booster fees, and DL eGift Cards/eCerts (see section below). Charges not posted by Delta (e.g., partners) are not eligible. Note that the Global Entry fee reimbursement is a separate benefit in addition to the $200 Delta incidentals reimbursement.The T&Cs state the eligible charges, but YMMV, so don't call and ask.
  • The credit is per account, not per card. If the main account has authorized users with additional cards, eligible charges may still be made on those cards, but they'll count jointly towards the same account limit.
  • Credits are capped per calendar year, meaning you could tap the full amount on Dec 31st and again on Jan 1st in the extreme. Transaction date, not posting date, determines the year.
  • You will get a partial credit to bring your total annual reimbursements to the limit exactly if a qualifying charge takes you past the limit.
  • Credit posting delays range from several business days (typical) to several weeks (seen in Oct 2015). The T&Cs state that it could take up to four weeks, so wait at least that long before worrying, and certainly don't contact Amex prematurely. After four weeks, if you've read this Wiki carefully and posted here seeking assistance but the credit still has not arrived, consider chatting with Amex online. Politely mention the "Delta extras" you thought would be reimbursed within four weeks and they'll handle it.

eGift Card (eCert) details

• Delta eGift Cards (eCerts) qualify for reimbursement. The name on the eCerts doesn't matter and need not match your card, but you must purchase using an eligible Amex card and meet the other criteria detailed in this Wiki.
  • Denominations over $50 will not generate the credit. Multiple $50 eCerts will. The smallest denomination available is $50.
  • To order, use this direct link to the eGift cert order page, or navigate via Delta.com>Shop>eGift Certificate.
  • No need to place separate orders using multiple carts/checkouts. By adding multiple certs to one order (e.g., 4 x $50), even though they are in the same cart, the certs will post as separate transactions and still generate a credit for each.
  • eCert purchases may initially authorize (show pending) as ticket purchases before posting to (finalize on) your statement. Multiple-eCert orders may authorize the combined value as a single pending ticket purchase. Don't worry. They will later post as separate eCert charges in the qualifying amounts.
  • eCerts are generated instantly, but the codes are not valid for use until 72 hours after purchase, so don't order expecting to use them in a pinch.
  • A maximum of three eCerts may be redeemed per online transaction. Splitting a round-trip into two one-ways will allow you to use additional eCerts.

For other airlines: AS Thread | B6 Thread | HA Thread | UA Thread | WN Thread
Print Wikipost

Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only [2011 - 2015]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2014, 9:11 pm

I think I made a mistake. I logged in to my AMEX account to select Delta and then bought the gift certificates a few minutes later. Are they still going to get reimbursed?
Old Sep 22, 2014, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
It seems that the only way to get reimbursed is if you buy $50 e-certs.
However you can use up to 3 e-certs per purchase. So if you need to buy two one-way tickets at $100 each, you will be able to use all four $50 certs.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 2:33 pm

It looks like $50 gift certificates are the way to go. Do you purchase these through Delta's website, using Platinum card, or through Amex's portal?

Thanks!
Old Sep 25, 2014, 2:54 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by dkirk2014
... Do you purchase these through Delta's website,
Yes, there is a link in the Wikipost at the top of this thread.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 4:23 pm

Excellent thanks!
Old Oct 3, 2014, 8:55 pm

Programs: SPG Jet Blue Delta AA
About how long does it take for Amex to credit you for the charges?
Old Oct 4, 2014, 2:51 am

Programs: Delta Plat IHG Dia, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Global Entry, TSA ✓
Originally Posted by losta
About how long does it take for Amex to credit you for the charges?
1 or 2 days
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by Jasonkr
1 or 2 days

On 10/1 I bought 2 $50 delta ecredits and also applied for Global entry but the 3 charges are still showing up as of 10/4.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 11:15 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
On 10/1 I bought 2 $50 delta ecredits and also applied for Global entry but the 3 charges are still showing up as of 10/4.
I saw the credits for gift certs and global entry charges 2-3 days after the charges posted. Consider that the charges usually stay in the pending list for 1-2 days, so it's more like about a week from the day you bought the certs or applied for GE.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 2:42 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Did you read the Wiki?
Old Oct 6, 2014, 7:40 am

Thanks everyone, credits posted today, so I bought two more!

Originally Posted by fliesdelta
I saw the credits for gift certs and global entry charges 2-3 days after the charges posted. Consider that the charges usually stay in the pending list for 1-2 days, so it's more like about a week from the day you bought the certs or applied for GE.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 3:43 pm

Yes I did.
Originally Posted by mooper
Did you read the Wiki?
Old Oct 7, 2014, 8:11 am

I purchased $50 Delta gift card. The charges posted today as below- Why does it say airline ticket? Worried if I will be credited.

Doing Business As
DELTA AIR LINES
Merchant Address
ATLANTA AIRPORT, ATLANTA, GA 30344 UNITED STATES
Category
Travel - Airline
From To Carrier Class
LOS ANGELES INTERN LOS ANGELES INTERN DL
N/A DL

TICKET NUMBER
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
DATE OF DEPARTURE

PASSENGER NAME
PASSENGER/DELTA
DOCUMENT TYPE
PASSENGER TICKET
DELTA AIR LINES

Last edited by jumpLoop; Oct 12, 2014 at 8:46 am Reason: correct info
Old Oct 7, 2014, 9:29 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Yes I did.
Originally Posted by jumpLoop
I purchased $50 Delta gift card. The charges posted today as below- Why does it say airline ticket? Worried if I will be credited.
Per the Wiki, give it a full week before worrying. The vast majority of "problems" turn out not to be problems and they post just fine.

JumpLoop, in your case, that's probably just the way it is coded. Give it a week and if the credit hasn't posted, then you have an issue to solve.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 12:29 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by jumpLoop

Doing Business As
DELTA AIR LINES
Merchant Address
ATLANTA AIRPORT, ATLANTA, GA 30344 UNITED STATES
Category
Travel - Airline
From To Carrier Class
LOS ANGELES INTERN LOS ANGELES INTERN DL
N/A DL

N/A YY

TICKET NUMBER
DATE OF DEPARTURE

PASSENGER NAME
PASSENGER/DELTA
DOCUMENT TYPE
PASSENGER TICKET
DELTA AIR LINES
It means one of their interns in California processed the transaction. There's no way you're getting your reimbursement.

In all seriousness, this is quite common, particularly while the charge is still pending. Give it a week before worrying. Even if it doesn't get reimbursed, you spent $50 on a $50 gift card that you can presumably use. But it will get reimbursed as long as you properly selected Delta for your airline credit.

Welcome to FT!

BTW, I could really use some more of these. I used up this year's and last year's, but I need to buy tickets for Thanksgiving.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.