Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only [2011 - 2015]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2014, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mooper
Read this primer first

• In the Amex Membership Rewards family, both the Consumer and Business versions of the Platinum and Centurion cards qualify for a $200 airline credit. The Premier Rewards Gold (PRG) card is eligible for a $100 airline credit.
  • You must click here to select Delta as your enrolled airline before you make a reimbursable purchase, else the benefit won't apply. The feature is activated immediately upon airline designation.
  • If you've selected DL in the past and don't wish to change airlines, there's no need to select again; current selection rolls into future years until modified.
  • Reported reimbursed incidental charges have included baggage and other service fees, award and change fees (incl standby, SDC), taxes, in-flight purchases (not WiFi), lounge access fees, EC upgrade (seat assignment) fees, priority boarding fees, Delta mileage booster fees, and DL eGift Cards/eCerts (see section below). Charges not posted by Delta (e.g., partners) are not eligible. Note that the Global Entry fee reimbursement is a separate benefit in addition to the $200 Delta incidentals reimbursement.The T&Cs state the eligible charges, but YMMV, so don't call and ask.
  • The credit is per account, not per card. If the main account has authorized users with additional cards, eligible charges may still be made on those cards, but they'll count jointly towards the same account limit.
  • Credits are capped per calendar year, meaning you could tap the full amount on Dec 31st and again on Jan 1st in the extreme. Transaction date, not posting date, determines the year.
  • You will get a partial credit to bring your total annual reimbursements to the limit exactly if a qualifying charge takes you past the limit.
  • Credit posting delays range from several business days (typical) to several weeks (seen in Oct 2015). The T&Cs state that it could take up to four weeks, so wait at least that long before worrying, and certainly don't contact Amex prematurely. After four weeks, if you've read this Wiki carefully and posted here seeking assistance but the credit still has not arrived, consider chatting with Amex online. Politely mention the "Delta extras" you thought would be reimbursed within four weeks and they'll handle it.

eGift Card (eCert) details

• Delta eGift Cards (eCerts) qualify for reimbursement. The name on the eCerts doesn't matter and need not match your card, but you must purchase using an eligible Amex card and meet the other criteria detailed in this Wiki.
  • Denominations over $50 will not generate the credit. Multiple $50 eCerts will. The smallest denomination available is $50.
  • To order, use this direct link to the eGift cert order page, or navigate via Delta.com>Shop>eGift Certificate.
  • No need to place separate orders using multiple carts/checkouts. By adding multiple certs to one order (e.g., 4 x $50), even though they are in the same cart, the certs will post as separate transactions and still generate a credit for each.
  • eCert purchases may initially authorize (show pending) as ticket purchases before posting to (finalize on) your statement. Multiple-eCert orders may authorize the combined value as a single pending ticket purchase. Don't worry. They will later post as separate eCert charges in the qualifying amounts.
  • eCerts are generated instantly, but the codes are not valid for use until 72 hours after purchase, so don't order expecting to use them in a pinch.
  • A maximum of three eCerts may be redeemed per online transaction. Splitting a round-trip into two one-ways will allow you to use additional eCerts.

For other airlines: AS Thread | B6 Thread | HA Thread | UA Thread | WN Thread
Print Wikipost

Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only [2011 - 2015]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2013, 9:51 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Natl Exec
Thanks Canalizegna! I bought one $50 yesterday and bought 3x$50 today (one transaction). Will report back what happens next week.

If all works out, I will have my father in law do the same thing as he just lets it go to waste.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 10:01 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by Canalizegna
Hello everyone. Been lurking here a little while and figured I'd add my two cents from my own experience. I purchased 4x$50 E-gift certificates (2 weeks ago) from Deltas website with my Amex Platinum Card in one transaction. It initially showed up on Amex's website as one $200 pending charge. Once the charges actually posted though (a few days later) it showed as 4x$50 charges. Two days after the charges were posted I was credited for the 4x$50 E-Gift Certificates. So, long story short, I purchased 4x$50 E-Gift certificates in one transaction and was credited the $200 by Amex five days later.
BTW, my wife did the exact same thing with her card and she was credited the $200 in five days as well.
Thanks for the information ^ and welcome to posting on FT
Old Nov 29, 2013, 10:31 am

Alright, adding to the data points here: Bought DL ecerts. 1x$50 on Tues 11/26 and 3x$50 on Weds 11/27 (same transaction). Was fully credited 4x$50 on my account on Thursday 11/28. That was fast! So it took all of 2-3 days.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old Dec 5, 2013, 5:19 am

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold
Should I be worried about 3 $50 eGC's I bought on 12/2 being posted as 006 stock tickets to/from LAX? Still haven't gotten my credit for them...
Old Dec 5, 2013, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by ntwrkguy
Should I be worried about 3 $50 eGC's I bought on 12/2 being posted as 006 stock tickets to/from LAX? Still haven't gotten my credit for them...
This is how mine originally posted. I was reimbursed 5 days later.

DELTA AIR LINES
LOS ANGELES INTERN LOS ANGELES INTERN DL 00
N/A YY 00
N/A YY 00
N/A YY 00
Ticket Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Passenger Name: PASSENGER/DELTA
Document Type: PASSENGER TICKET
Doing Business As: DELTA AIR LINES
Merchant Address: ATLANTA AIRPORT
ATLANTA
GA
UNITED STATES
Reference Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dispute/Inquire about this charge
Category: Travel - Airline
Old Dec 5, 2013, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by ntwrkguy
All of mine posted as 006 stock tix. No problems.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 11:49 pm

AMEX has reimbursed a $139 award ticketing fee and $59 dollars for selecting an economy plus on a TPAC flight from DELTA.

The rest of the credit were used to purchase onboard spirits while flying international routes on Delta.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 11:26 am

Programs: Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glbl, Marriott Lftm Plat, National EE
$50 eGift Certificate purchased Dec 11. Reimbursed 12/14.

The rest was used and reimbursed in March and April, $10-$20 at a time for on-board food and EC seats before I had status.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 10:15 pm

I just read about this and designated Delta as my reward airline and bought a 50 GC within about 10 minutes. Am I likely to be reimbursed for it? I didn't think about how long the airline setting takes to take effect until after I already bought the GC.

Also, am I likely to have time to see the credit prior to the end of the year, so I can know it worked for sure before buying more egifts?
Old Dec 16, 2013, 10:54 pm

If it does work (which it most likely will), the credits will be seen in 5 days or less.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 8:33 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mb300sd
I just read about this and designated Delta as my reward airline and bought a 50 GC within about 10 minutes. Am I likely to be reimbursed for it? I didn't think about how long the airline setting takes to take effect until after I already bought the GC.

Also, am I likely to have time to see the credit prior to the end of the year, so I can know it worked for sure before buying more egifts?
Yes. I bought one $50 last week and got the credit 3 days later. The following day after getting the credit I ordered three more (two of them in a single transaction), and got the credit for all of them this morning.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 12:18 pm

Just adding to the data point:

I upgraded Premier Rewards Gold to Platinum 3 days before I need to get on a flight with my dog. Flight was on 12/9 and received credit on 12/12 for $117.72 (It was CAD$125 as I was flying from Canada back to US).

Bought two $50 eCert on 12/15 with the following posting
To: LOS ANGELES INTERN
Passenger Name: PASSENGER/DELTA
Document Type: PASSENGER TICKET

Received credits on 12/17 for $50 and $32.28 (which is the balance of my $200 after the above pet credit). So it worked out great.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 3:49 pm

Programs: Delta SM and Amex PRG
Need clarity folks. Are we able to purchase these via Delta.com or must we buy from a ticket agent at an airport. I have seen both references but not sure I have interpreted correctly. Time is ticking on my calendar year...help!?
Old Dec 20, 2013, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by srbarnes4ever
Need clarity folks. Are we able to purchase these via Delta.com or must we buy from a ticket agent at an airport. I have seen both references but not sure I have interpreted correctly. Time is ticking on my calendar year...help!?
Online.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 12:07 pm

$50, posted on the 18th, reimbursed today. Bought 3 more in separate transactions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.