Wiki Posts
Search

FHR back-to-back booking questions.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2010, 1:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: former {UA 1k // SPG Gold, HHonors Silver}, now starting up again
FHR back-to-back booking questions.

My wife and I are both Amex Plat. If we will be staying in a FHR hotel for 2 nights, is it okay for me to book the first night and her to book the second night? Would we get 2x amenities?

We have a Fri-Sun in Rome coming up, and the amenity is 85 EUR food/bev credit. 2 of these would make for a nice Sat night dinner! Is this behavior a) doable and b) frowned upon?

Thanks!
-bmir
Old Mar 21, 2010, 8:54 am

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
this is perfectly fine
Old Mar 21, 2010, 11:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You are quite unlikely to be able to use both of the F&B credits at the same time. You'll likely need to use the firs EUR85 during the first stay, before you check out and check back in for the second stay.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: former {UA 1k // SPG Gold, HHonors Silver}, now starting up again
Originally Posted by sbm12
You are quite unlikely to be able to use both of the F&B credits at the same time. You'll likely need to use the firs EUR85 during the first stay, before you check out and check back in for the second stay.
I was thinking about this. Usually I'm able to check out on a certain day and then eaten a meal in the hotel later that same day, and have it billed to my room.

I was thinking if I check out on Saturday, and my wife checks in on Saturday, and we split the bill in 2, we might be able to accomplish this. What do you think?
Old Mar 21, 2010, 4:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by bmir
I was thinking about this. Usually I'm able to check out on a certain day and then eaten a meal in the hotel later that same day, and have it billed to my room.

I was thinking if I check out on Saturday, and my wife checks in on Saturday, and we split the bill in 2, we might be able to accomplish this. What do you think?
I think it is easier to do if you were just going to pay for the charge rather than try to get a credit for it. After you've checked out the hotel doesn't really have a good reason to go back and wipe another charge off the bill with a credit. You'd be quite lucky to have it work IMO.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 6:56 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, PC Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
FHR [back-to-back] booking question

Okay right know I have four nights booked at the Four Seasons Bangkok through FHR. The amenity is a free dinner for two and right now the third night is free. The question. My husband and I both have the platinum card. So I was thinking that I could book only three nights on my card and then my husband could book the last night with his card. That way we would still get the third night free but we would also be getting two free dinners instead of just one.

Would the hotel have a problem with this - get annoyed etc? Would we most likely have to switch rooms the last night? Anyone ever done this before and it turned out fine? I'm not set on doing this just had the idea and wanted to know if it could work or was worth the trouble. Any thoughts?

Last edited by cereal8u; Jul 30, 2011 at 6:34 am Reason: posted to wrong place
Old Jul 29, 2011, 11:24 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Some may disagree with me but I would be inclined to contact the hotel directly and inquire as to the stay. Best case the hotel can note both reservations and a room change would not be required.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 2:48 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Thread moved from IHG to AmEx Forum

We have moved this thread from the InterContinental Hotel Group Forum to the American Express Membership Forum.

Thank you

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Old Jul 30, 2011, 2:54 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Delta Gold, Alaska Air MVP Gold
I very frequently trade off booking nights with my partner who's a supp platinum card holder on my account. Basically I book the first night, partner books the second, I book the third and so on. That way we get the extra amenity every night. We do switch rooms every day (this doesn't both me, but might bother some) and we don't mention anything about the other bookings. It's always worked fine. I've even specifically asked FHR directly about this and they said it's within policy (albeit slightly taking advantage of the program, but still within policy).
Old Jul 30, 2011, 6:29 am

Programs: Delta Silver, PC Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
I think I will try it out then. I will probably contact the hotel closer to my trip and see what they say about having to switch rooms.

Jandersinc - Has the hotel ever noticed and said anything to you? Have you still gotten room upgrades when you do this?
Old Jul 30, 2011, 2:44 pm

As far as I know they've never noticed. They usually say something like "just one night?" and I say "yes, but I'll be back soon". I've usually gotten better upgrades because they're much more inclined to give away a nicer room for "free" for one night rather than commit to it for several. I do not point out to the hotel what I'm doing, but they've never asked either.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 3:29 pm

Back to back on same FHR account is specifically prohibited and spelled out in Amex Terms and Conditions. A different person is notprohibited but I am sure if enough start writing about they will find a a way to close it.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 8:49 pm

I know back to back stays count as one. That's why I specifically asked about different supp platinum card holders booking the individual nights. I was very clear when asking the FHR rep about what I was asking and I got the answer I provided in my previous post.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 9:23 pm

What if you get a great upgrade on the first night? What's the chance you'd get similar upgrade the next night?
Old Jul 31, 2011, 2:11 am

Don't know, it's a risk I take everytime I guess. Out of the 15 or 20 times I've booked this way I've gotten a good upgrade about 95% of the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.