Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex PERSONAL platinum 100k mr point sign-up bonus

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2011, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by TIMOS
Hey Guys
Have a question - those of you who applied for the Platinum card (at the 25k or 50k point level) and are getting it bumped to 100k points via 5748 code... are you new card members and were you solicited yourself with this offer?

Amex is telling me I don't qualify as I am not a new cardmember (have Starwood card) and also I have to be solicited.

But I'm guessing many of you have have an Amex already and also were not solicited.

Many thanks
Really depends on which rep you talk to. I was able to actually just upgrade my Green card to Platinum card and she still said that was fine and notated my account for the miles. I also have a Blue Sky and SPG.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by flyguy00
Really depends on which rep you talk to. I was able to actually just upgrade my Green card to Platinum card and she still said that was fine and notated my account for the miles. I also have a Blue Sky and SPG.
Thanks flyguy. And you got 100k points for that?
Old Aug 1, 2011, 12:09 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Elite Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, BA
Originally Posted by TIMOS
Thanks flyguy. And you got 100k points for that?
I have been a loyal customer ( Amex) since 1990. had the green one until 2002 and have the Gold rewards but seems like it is not really giving me the benefit I want.

Thinking of Platinum or SPG and then dump the Gold Rewards. I like the Platinum for the lounge access, the credit and then same perk that Gold has. But like the SPG for all the miles and nights one can accumulate.

Normally I get an "upgrade" snail every month or so, but never seen the 100K rewards mentioned in that letter.

How would you approach AMEX to get the extra points (100K) ? or should I apply for that one directly?

TIA
Old Aug 1, 2011, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by flyguy00
can you tell us little bit more about this...i have tried sending msg twice and no help....not eligible because you were not solicited...i upgraded from gold to plat
Old Aug 1, 2011, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, UA 1K, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum Elite, Jetblue Mosaic
- Applied for card under the 50K (Bonus ID 4986) on 7/7/11 and got approved right away.
- Called customer service within 10 minutes of application approval and had them overnight the card. Also requested for the Bonus ID 5748 to be notated to my account and the agent confirmed that my account was notated to receive 100K points.
- Received card on 7/8/11 and met/passed spending requirement on 7/11.
- Called MR on 7/11 requesting for Bonus ID 5748 100K points to be added and they informed me that I was not eligible and my account was not notated for any such offer.
- 25K points deposited to my account on 7/13.
- Called MR on 7/14 to have 5748 added to my account and found a good agent who informed me that I was eligible for the better offer of 100K points. He was confused about why I received 25K points instead of 50K. I was informed that the 75K points would be deposited in 6 Weeks from statement close.
- Sent secure email on 7/16 mentioning that my account was notated with 5748 ID and requested for 75K MR to be expedited - Received a response stating that there was no notation of 5748 ID/100K points on my account.
- Called MR on 7/17 and got confirmation that my account indeed did have a note for 100K points but I will have to wait until 4-6 weeks after statement close.
- Called MR on 7/24 again requesting for expediting my points to use for the 50% bonus BA transfer - got same response as 7/17.
- Called MR on 7/27 (after statement close) and requested for 75K points again - same response to wait for 6 weeks before calling back - asked for supervisor this time since I was trying to use my points towards the BA offer which expires on 7/31. Agent put me on hold came back saying I will have the 75K points in 24 hours.
- Points deposited on 7/28 as promised = immediate transfer to my BA account
Old Aug 1, 2011, 1:55 pm
Used to be highman123

amex gold personal and platinum business

Folks,

did any of you have luck with multiple bumps? I got the bonus bump for the personal gold car two weeks ago and tried to get bonus ID 5999 applied to my Business Platinum card but was denied 4x times now

Here is my detailed report. Any ideas?

Last edited by MightyTravels; Aug 1, 2011 at 2:43 pm
Old Aug 1, 2011, 5:57 pm
dzt

Originally Posted by dzt
Has anyone had the bonus points expedited this week? My impression is that amex re-trained all the csr to say u must wait 6-8 wks. i have talked to multiple csr each day and all of them say they cannot apply the points now and i must wait. Also, tried SM numerous times and nothing.

I have already met spending and paid off the balance same day last Saturday

I guess i will not get the 50% BA bonus...sigh

well, on friday night around 9:30p, i decided to call MR one last time without any high expectations after being rejected many times for point expediting. I told the guy, who prob can see the notes from all the times I called (lol), that basically I've called many times and was told to wait 6-8 wks, but I had "associates" who applied the same time as me and was able to get a courtesy exception once they met spending in order to redeem the expiring BA bonus. I said I was disappointed and frustrated that I couldn't get the same courtesy exception. He put me on hold, came back and said he would send the request through and it would take 48 hrs due to the weekend. Well, lo and behold, I login today and I got the points in my account. But of course, it's Aug 1st, one day too late. I guess still a small victory after trying so many times.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 6:44 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
Originally Posted by dzt
well, on friday night around 9:30p, i decided to call MR one last time without any high expectations after being rejected many times for point expediting. I told the guy, who prob can see the notes from all the times I called (lol), that basically I've called many times and was told to wait 6-8 wks, but I had "associates" who applied the same time as me and was able to get a courtesy exception once they met spending in order to redeem the expiring BA bonus. I said I was disappointed and frustrated that I couldn't get the same courtesy exception. He put me on hold, came back and said he would send the request through and it would take 48 hrs due to the weekend. Well, lo and behold, I login today and I got the points in my account. But of course, it's Aug 1st, one day too late. I guess still a small victory after trying so many times.
It is reported the 50% bonus is still alive, if you do want BA miles.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 8:32 pm

Premier Rewards Gold (Personal) and Business Gold bumps still active?

Pardon me since this is the Plat thread, but I read several folks here posted experiences of a 75k bump for the PRG Personal and 100k bump for the Business Gold - but I haven't seen any bonus ID's for these posted (only for the Plat 100k bump). Did you guys need a bonus ID for the Gold bump-ups? Would appreciate the info and if there's another thread, to direct me there.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by akshitkhanna
- Applied for card under the 50K (Bonus ID 4986) on 7/7/11 and got approved right away.

can i ask what the expiry date is on your card? thanks
Old Aug 2, 2011, 12:09 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by ENFO
Pardon me since this is the Plat thread, but I read several folks here posted experiences of a 75k bump for the PRG Personal and 100k bump for the Business Gold - but I haven't seen any bonus ID's for these posted (only for the Plat 100k bump). Did you guys need a bonus ID for the Gold bump-ups? Would appreciate the info and if there's another thread, to direct me there.
5985 is the ID and here is the other thread.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 8:18 am

Programs: UA Plat, hotel whore
Hi all. I signed up in April without paying any attention to the bonus and learned sometime thereafter that people were getting 100k bonus. I inquired about it and they said that I am eligible to get a 25k bonus after $1,000 spend. Do you think I might have any luck getting them to bump me to a higher reward level? Any thoughts on how to go about it?
Old Aug 2, 2011, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by tklw
we had a total of 3 individual applications in the household.
as mentioned in my previous posts:
1st card got approved for 100k after the 1st message;
2nd card got approved for 100k after the 5th message.

the 3rd application was a few days later.
earlier today called MR customer service at 1-800-297-3276 and asked for promotion bonus #5748. the representative noted it in the account and said to call back 6-8 weeks after spending $1000.

so for those who had no luck via secure messages, maybe try to give them a call.
I tried calling like you said. They are giving me a lot of problems with this because they said I got a better offer on the Gold card already. True, but they had no issues giving my wife the better offer on both cards. After calling I was told to send my SM to MR then Corporate because they are the only ones that can give the bonus. That's just not true but I didn't want to point out they gave my wife 200K points which was more than she should have received. You gotta love Amex!
Old Aug 2, 2011, 5:00 pm

got my AMEX prg card today and called MR. don't ask abner anything because he said we don't bump the miles up for the card. will try someone else instead
Old Aug 2, 2011, 5:07 pm

I called back 2 minutes later and talked to a very nice man who said he will apply the code 5748 for Platinum for 100k with 1k spend in 3 months and apply the code 5985 for PRG for 1k spend in 3 months.

I am going to spend 2k today or tomorrow just to make sure....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.