Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum card and U-Haul

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2010, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Platinum card and U-Haul

I think the answer to this is no, but I'm not 100% sure. Will my new Platinum card provide any coverage for a truck rental? My old green card didn't, but I'm hoping for $450/yr that this card will cover anything rentable.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by srodr
I think the answer to this is no, but I'm not 100% sure. Will my new Platinum card provide any coverage for a truck rental? My old green card didn't, but I'm hoping for $450/yr that this card will cover anything rentable.
You are correct. The answer is no (for Centurion, too).
Old Dec 4, 2010, 5:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, A3 Gold, WN CP, and lots of points everywhere.
Originally Posted by aviators99
You are correct. The answer is no (for Centurion, too).
I checked recently with several cards, including Amex Gold, Amex Gold Business, and Chase BA. None covered rental trucks. Too bad since the supplemental insurance wasn't inexpensive!

And Progressive car insurance didn't cover the 16' truck either.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 6:14 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, BMI Silver
Most credit cards don't even cover pickup trucks or full size SUV's.

Even U-Haul states on their website....

Damage coverage is essential because credit cards and car insurance do not typically cover our rental equipment.

http://www.uhaul.com/DamageCoverage/
Old Dec 5, 2010, 8:01 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
whats also crazy is that the insurange for these trucks by uhaul, budget, hetz etc don't even provide full coverage.

I rented from hertz got the CDL an extra 30 dollars and when we did the walk through they said, the insurance doesn't cover wheels, the top part of the cab (not the driver cab but the box thingy), scratches to the cab or internal damage to cab. Also made it a point to tell me the lightbulb would cost 10 dollars to replace it if broken/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.