Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer between Family Members?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2010, 12:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Transfer between Family Members?

scenario: I live in one house and my mom lives across town......wanted to apply for a card for her (20K/25K offers)........can she xfer her points to me since we live in difft residences?
Old Nov 30, 2010, 12:50 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
From my recollection when inquiring a while ago about this was they do not allow for transfer of points(family or not) but will allow a once in a lifetime exception to family members. I would suggest not using it to transfer a measly 25k points and wait till a larger sum if you are sure thats what you want to do. Maybe someone can confirm or correct what I remember.

On a side note I see no reason why you'd want to do this. The best value you get out of MR is by transferring them to a hotel/airline program. That being said she can transfer her MR points into a FF account of yours with no hassle.(They do not verify if the account names/addresses match with transfer partners.)
Old Nov 30, 2010, 5:09 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Please join the discussion in progress:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ds-points.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.