Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Platinum Lounges (Non-Airport)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2014, 7:45 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
Unadvertised or "Secret" AMEX Platinum Lounges?

Hi guys!

I did a search for "secret" or "unadvertised" lounges, but didn't find anything.

I read a thread here: http://thrifty-tourist.com/2013/09/0...tinum-lounges/,

about some unadvertised or "secret" lounges that AMEX Platinum card holders have access to. The ones mentioned above are in the STAPLES Center and a shopping mall. Similar to airport lounges but not in airport.

Does anyone know of any other "lounges" that AMEX has they don't necessarily publish? I have never received communications from AMEX about these lounges and was wondering if there are any more that they don't speak of

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 15, 2014, 9:02 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Originally Posted by bj27
...didn't find anything...
I have appended your question to the established thread. See also:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...er-lounge.html

Last edited by mia; Feb 16, 2014 at 5:11 am
Old Feb 16, 2014, 2:21 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
Originally Posted by mia
I have appended your question to the established thraed. See also:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...er-lounge.html
Thanks mia!
Old Feb 18, 2014, 9:13 am

Amex Platinum Lounges (Non-Airport)

Is the one in London before security or after?
Old Feb 18, 2014, 12:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
Amex also has OPEN lounges at Las Vegas Convection Center and New York (Javits Center)
Old Jun 7, 2014, 8:18 am

AMEX Lounge at The O2 in London

Anyone been to this?

Have tickets to go to the lounge tomorrow but wondering what the setup is in terms of food and drink, is it busy, etc.

Thanks!
Old Jun 8, 2014, 2:48 pm

Thanks for the heads up. Just registered for a July visit.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 6:27 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kenneth Ewing
Amex also has OPEN lounges at Las Vegas Convection Center and New York (Javits Center)
When I was at CES in 2013 and 2014, I used the one in LAS. It was much busier in 2013, at times they had a queue waiting for people to exit [there were no lines in 2014]. There are a few snacks, and they have a coffee machine (cappuccino, espresso etc.), the machine was very slow. In 2013 I found the lounge by "accident", instead of arriving by shuttle busses or the monorail, I used the CAT (city bus system) SDX, its stop is in close proximity to the lounge.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by 747
Thanks for the heads up. Just registered for a July visit.
Assuming you're referring to the lounge at The O2 (the thread was merged with this), it isn't great. It's a big space but it was very, very busy, with too few bar staff, meaning it took a while to get served at the (multiple) bars. You pay for all food and drink (which is understandable, it's not a Plat/Cent lounge, any AMEX holder can register), and the same prices you would pay anywhere else at The O2. And at the risk of being a coffee snob (or just a snob), it was disappointing that they didn't have a "proper" espresso machine, just a single fairly crappy electric machine with paper cups, and one single machine at one of the bars. So if you queue at the wrong bar, well, tough luck, go queue again at the right one. And because there is a single machine, you get a queue of bar staff all waiting to use it. :-) So not that well thought out.

So if you arrive early for your show then it's as good a place as any to kill time, but don't have high expectations.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 2:56 am

Programs: Some, not all.
This might be a long shot, but whilst visiting the Sensoji temple today there was a note on the information board saying that Amex had funded restoration (I think). This then triggered a vague memory of a post on FT talking about an unexpected Amex lounge possibly in Japan, possibly near a shrine. I seem to remember a picture of a bamboo wall with a hand painted amex sign...

Can anyone confirm if I've lost the plot or am just really bad at searching.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by Lambers
Anyone been to this?

Have tickets to go to the lounge tomorrow but wondering what the setup is in terms of food and drink, is it busy, etc.

Thanks!
Any feedback on the AmEx O2 lounge?

Have been to the Barclays' O2 lounge before so would be good to know which of the two is better.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 10:48 am
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Does the Amex OPEN lounge at Javits Center have specific operating hours?
I am wondering if I will be able to stop in there and get some work done in between panels on the Friday during comic con this October.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 4:33 pm

Centurion Suite - Barclays Center

didn't see any information on the centurion suite at the Barclays Center, so just wanted to post my experience. First, there is an american express platinum entrance immediately past the regular VIP entrance (called Calvin Kline VIP entrance I believe). If you are looking at the main entrance, its to the left side of the building. This entrance is much shorter than any other entrances, but opens up at the same time as other entrances. For our event, it was 60 minutes before scheduled start time. Once you are in, go left to the Centurion Suite check in. It is a small podium that is practically unnoticeable. It is placed in front of wall signs that says Barclays center on one side and emblem health on the other. The only thing identifying it as the Amex check in is the small card (about 3 x 5 size) on the podium, so its extremely easy to miss. We were the 10th name on the list to check in and each Amex Plat/Centurion card holder is allowed a guest. After check in, take the elevator to suite level A, don't take the escalator, as the escalator goes to the 2nd floor, which is above suite levels A and B. Once out the elevator, there are small signs directing you to the suite, but basically go left and you will see it. The Centurion suite is simple, with a capacity of 56, but be sure to get there early as there were only 8 viewing seats and an additional 8 table seats that you can view the game. So, basically, you need to be one of the first 16 to have the best seats. We secured the first table without view and other people arriving after us moved chairs around and made a "second row" which is what we did too. So we had fairly decent view of the game. The view is straight behind one of the backboards, so its decent. The food is fairly decent and I don't think its unreasonably pricing for an event venue. They only accept amex cards and no master or visa. Hope all this makes sense and helps anyone wanting to go to barclays center.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 6:42 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Are there two Amex lounges at Roy Thomson Hall? I'm in the lounge labeled "American Express Lounge" and apparently any Amex card holder is allowed in.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 1:05 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by babypuwet
didn't see any information on the centurion suite at the Barclays Center, so just wanted to post my experience. First, there is an american express platinum entrance immediately past the regular VIP entrance (called Calvin Kline VIP entrance I believe). If you are looking at the main entrance, its to the left side of the building. This entrance is much shorter than any other entrances, but opens up at the same time as other entrances. For our event, it was 60 minutes before scheduled start time. Once you are in, go left to the Centurion Suite check in. It is a small podium that is practically unnoticeable. It is placed in front of wall signs that says Barclays center on one side and emblem health on the other. The only thing identifying it as the Amex check in is the small card (about 3 x 5 size) on the podium, so its extremely easy to miss. We were the 10th name on the list to check in and each Amex Plat/Centurion card holder is allowed a guest. After check in, take the elevator to suite level A, don't take the escalator, as the escalator goes to the 2nd floor, which is above suite levels A and B. Once out the elevator, there are small signs directing you to the suite, but basically go left and you will see it. The Centurion suite is simple, with a capacity of 56, but be sure to get there early as there were only 8 viewing seats and an additional 8 table seats that you can view the game. So, basically, you need to be one of the first 16 to have the best seats. We secured the first table without view and other people arriving after us moved chairs around and made a "second row" which is what we did too. So we had fairly decent view of the game. The view is straight behind one of the backboards, so its decent. The food is fairly decent and I don't think its unreasonably pricing for an event venue. They only accept amex cards and no master or visa. Hope all this makes sense and helps anyone wanting to go to barclays center.
Daft question: do you need tickets for the game you're there to see? Or can you use access to this lounge in place of them?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.