Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex offers me free Eagles tickets in LA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2010, 11:30 am

I'm In Just got my seats

I also, question the offer, but it seemed to be legit, so I enrolled. I was quite surprised to receive my seat assignment today!! Guess I'm going to the Eagles.

Last edited by mia; Nov 7, 2010 at 8:27 pm Reason: Remove signature from body
Old Nov 7, 2010, 12:13 pm

Reserved vs GA

Dorian,

What area are your seat in? I’m trying to determine if this is an “All Reserved Show” or “General Admission (floor) + Reserved Show (loge/mezzanine)”.

My seats are in the Mezzanine.

Thanks,

CVB
Old Nov 8, 2010, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA 1P; SPG Plat;
I received an email with seat assignments yesterday as well. We are in the last row of the Loge, on the center aisle. I believe the original email from Amex said this was a private performance for Amex cardholders only. Perhaps the floor seats are reserved for highest average card balances! I also noticed that a ticket broker's website has some seats listed for several hundred dollars/seat. Not sure how they will work that since apparently you have to swipe your card to get in. Looking forward to a great evening.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 11:38 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Discussion of the Jimmy Buffet offer has been extracted into its own thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...t-houston.html
Old Nov 15, 2010, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Two Million Miler; United 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Looking forward to tonight's concert. My seats are second row in the pit, row BBB. I do not know if that is because I charge a lot or because I answered the initial email solicitation within 30 seconds of its arrival. I suspect most of the invitees were not tethered to their computers on a Saturday at noon and many, including myself, thought this was just spam.

Nevertheless, Mrs. Eyeballs was impressed and we are hoping it is a good show tonight.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 11:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
this was an awesome concert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 15, 2010, 11:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Two Million Miler; United 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
It was definitely a great show. In addition to the free tickets, there was an open bar and free popcorn. Hopefully, I can stay in Amex's good graces and be invited to another event in the future.

http://twitpic.com/37ao6z
Old Nov 16, 2010, 12:26 am

What a great show!!! The open bar and the popcorn and candy made it a great night!!!!
Old Nov 16, 2010, 12:41 am

Programs: SW, US, HH, AE Plat, SPG,
Eagles Concert

I agree. It was an awesome concert. Mr. Live2vaca and I had a wonderful night. I think we will continue to be loyal American Express Plat for a long (long) time. We are also looking forward to many more events like this.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA 1P; SPG Plat;
Incredible, first class evening. The Eagles were firing on all 12 cylinders. Great to see them in such a small venue as well. Thanks Amex! (I still wonder how the invites, and then seating assignments were determined).
Old Nov 20, 2010, 11:19 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Sigh...

...it turns my stomach to see that there were at least two private Elton John concerts I wasnt invited to. It makes me want to throw my Centurion card out the window.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.