Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPG AMEX: closed pending credit review

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2010, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Platinum, AA Gold
SPG AMEX: closed pending credit review

has anyone else's amex account been frozen? my card gets declined last thursday, i call up friday, said amex was doing a credit review on my account, froze my account until the review was completed. two of my co-workers, who had also signed up for the spg amex 30k deal, also are going through the same thing. one of them has had the review completed, and ALL amex cards cancelled (SPG and non SPG). my other co-worker is waiting to hear back. amex faxed me forms, i faxed back with my consent to pull up my 2009 tax 1040 form. the only thing in common between us 3 is signing up for this credit card.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 4:45 pm

Programs: United 2P, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cybaslacka
has anyone else's amex account been frozen? my card gets declined last thursday, i call up friday, said amex was doing a credit review on my account, froze my account until the review was completed. two of my co-workers, who had also signed up for the spg amex 30k deal, also are going through the same thing. one of them has had the review completed, and ALL amex cards cancelled (SPG and non SPG). my other co-worker is waiting to hear back. amex faxed me forms, i faxed back with my consent to pull up my 2009 tax 1040 form. the only thing in common between us 3 is signing up for this credit card.
Have any of you bought coins from the U.S. Mint?

I've read that AMEX usually does this when people use their card to purchase coins from the U.S. Mint...
Old Sep 15, 2010, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Platinum, AA Gold
Originally Posted by jonman21
Have any of you bought coins from the U.S. Mint?

I've read that AMEX usually does this when people use their card to purchase coins from the U.S. Mint...
nope
Old Sep 15, 2010, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by cybaslacka
This is very common from Amex, especially for the past 2 years:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...on-merged.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ax-return.html
Old Sep 15, 2010, 8:44 pm
Community Director Emerita

I have moved this over to a credit card forum, as the Starwood forum really isn't the best place to get input about credit reviews.

SanDiego1K
Starwood Mod

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.