Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Plat "Hidden" Benefits?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2010, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US CP, DL SM, Marriott Silver, Amex Plat
Amex Plat "Hidden" Benefits?

I was just on a flight with someone last week who told me Amex set him up with some elite status on some airlines because he asked.

After a few drinks and an hour into the flight I bought this back up. He said he got elite status on Delta and Continental and flying about 10-15 times a year, but not enough to make the cut with the airlines.

I know there are a few perks that I use, like the lounge access (now US Air) and Hertz #1 Club Gold, but they do this for a few other car places as well, but mainly use Hertz.

Ideally would be great to have some connect with US Air or Marriott to get their higher status, but I guess thats my fault for not flying/staying at their preferred vendors
Old Aug 16, 2010, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
probably status matches....
Old Aug 16, 2010, 5:23 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
I'd be curious to know if anyone else has found this because I've never heard anything of the such. If you try be sure to post results.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 6:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Sounds like Centurion benefits. Both DL and CO Gold are included IIRC.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 8:29 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by sbm12
I was thinking the same but he specified plat.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 1:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: US CP, DL SM, Marriott Silver, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by sbm12
DL & CO get Gold status with Amex Plat?

Ive heard of them doing things before for people so my guess is he probably spends a lot on travel with them and got them to either pay up for the upgrade to Plat for him or have some connection.

I'm going to call tomorrow but previous they have NO relationships with US Air at all
Old Aug 17, 2010, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Airline elite status is not a benefit of the Amex Platinum card.

Starwood Gold status is, and so now is National Executive status.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 7:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by bossku69
DL & CO get Gold status with Amex Plat?
No. They are Centurion benefits.

Ive heard of them doing things before for people so my guess is he probably spends a lot on travel with them and got them to either pay up for the upgrade to Plat for him or have some connection.
I highly doubt that they are comping an AmEx Platinum member any airline status.

I'm going to call tomorrow but previous they have NO relationships with US Air at all
Actually, if you have a Centurion card you get US Platinum (I think) status as well.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 10:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, Amex Plat, SPG Gold
I doubt there are any 'hidden' benefits that haven't been uncovered by FT members already!
Old Aug 26, 2010, 10:32 pm

Programs: AmexPlat,SPG,CitiAA,One pass,
anybody try calling plat. services yet if so they will ask where you heard this promotion what would you say
Old Aug 27, 2010, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by gleff
Airline elite status is not a benefit of the Amex Platinum card.

Starwood Gold status is, and so now is National Executive status.
Potentially dumb q as a relatively recent AMEX Plat - do I need to call someone to make this happen?
Old Aug 27, 2010, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by phlwookie
Potentially dumb q as a relatively recent AMEX Plat - do I need to call someone to make this happen?
go to www.americanexpress.com/platinum to see all the benefits and then login to see instructions on how to enroll.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by phlwookie
Yes call SPG and tell em you are and Amex plat holder and you would like your comp gold status. Same goes for National, if when calling either they ask for a code(which they usually don't) you can find that on the plat site after logging in.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by mlad1101
Yes call SPG and tell em you are and Amex plat holder and you would like your comp gold status.
There is a code that you have to provide to SPG to get upgraded to Gold
Old Aug 27, 2010, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Thanks folks, will do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.