Wiki Posts
Search

Link between corporate / personal Amex?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2010, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta GM, *G, BA Blue, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver, LHW
Link between corporate / personal Amex?

A question that I've always wanted to know: is there any link between my corporate Amex and personal credit history?

E.g. can an application I make for a personal American Express card be impacted, either positively or negatively, from the spending history of my corporate card?
Old Aug 8, 2010, 12:58 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Have you looked at your three credit reports to see if the corporate account is reported?
Old Aug 8, 2010, 1:01 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
None of my corp or business cards appear on my credit report, and applications for business cards have never caused an inquiry to show up either.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 7:15 pm

Programs: DL, SPG, Hyatt, Marriott
My Corporate card has never shown up on any of my credit reports. In addition, even though I have all of my AMEX cards (personal/corporate/business) linked on my online profile, AMEX considers me a cardholder from the time I opened my first personal card, which was six years after I obtained the Corporate card.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 11:33 pm

My company is constantly paying my corporate amex late. I contacted Amex to see if they report that as a negative on my credit report. The rep I talked to told me that they do not.

I wonder if the cardholder ends up on the hook if the employer doesn't pay the bill. For example, in the case of a corporate bankruptcy.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 12:44 am
Used to be RichardKopf

Programs: SPG LTP/IHG Pl/Hilton D/Shang-Taj D/VA Plat/QFClub/Hertz Pres/Avis Pres
Originally Posted by 318i
A question that I've always wanted to know: is there any link between my corporate Amex and personal credit history?

E.g. can an application I make for a personal American Express card be impacted, either positively or negatively, from the spending history of my corporate card?
Only if you are the basc carmember, at least with a business card.

If you're an employee, they don't really know who you are.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 7:58 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by RichardKopf
Only if you are the basc carmember, at least with a business card.
In the USA there are three distinct types of cards: Personal, Business and Corporate. The distinction between Business and Corporate is based on the size of the firm, not its legal structure. I understand this question to be specifically about "Corporate" cards which are typically issued at large enterprises.

Are there two classes of business-use cards in Australia?

Last edited by mia; Aug 9, 2010 at 8:12 am
Old Aug 9, 2010, 10:47 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
At one employer, the corporate card I had was on my personal credit report and I had to apply for the card through the employer, with my SS#. I was personally responsible for paying it - not the employer. I used it on business trips, submitted expense reports, got reimbursed and then paid. Fortunately, this was an employer who paid me within 2 weeks of submitting expenses, so there was never an issue with a late payment.

At another employer, they provided me a corporate card and it was not on my personal credit report and they did not require me to submit any kind of application. But they also received the bill and paid it themselves after validating the charges were legit.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 9:38 pm
Used to be RichardKopf

Programs: SPG LTP/IHG Pl/Hilton D/Shang-Taj D/VA Plat/QFClub/Hertz Pres/Avis Pres
Originally Posted by mia
In the USA there are three distinct types of cards: Personal, Business and Corporate. The distinction between Business and Corporate is based on the size of the firm, not its legal structure. I understand this question to be specifically about "Corporate" cards which are typically issued at large enterprises.

Are there two classes of business-use cards in Australia?
Yes, we also have business and corporate cards, but surely it would contravene a number of laws to hold a corporate employee responsible for company debts, as per previous poster's comments?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.