Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

50000 Membership Reward Points for business gold card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

50000 Membership Reward Points for business gold card

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2010, 11:57 am

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, A3 Gold, WN CP, and lots of points everywhere.
Originally Posted by mia
You are correct, I copied the Bonus ID from the wrong footnote. Sorry for the confusion. In any event, there's no way that American Express can act like there is no such offer if the Bonus ID is provided.
When I switched from long form to short form, I was concerned the relationship to the bonus code was dropped. In calling customer support, I was also having trouble getting confirmation.

Finally, I emailed customer support via my Amex login and now have written confirmation that code 3966 is applied to my account. I should've started there, if only to get it in writing. Sometimes I'm inpatient and think that calling will be faster. I have to remember that writing (and printing the outcome) is better!

Nice to have that off my mind. Time to put my new Amex relationship's to work with the recent SPG (arrived today) and this Business Card.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA GS, *G, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Diamond, Platinum on Blockbuster, GameStop, several library cards
Originally Posted by lessthanzero
OK. I'll roll the dice.

I PDF'd the applicatrion....
Approved.

Not sure whether I should confirm the rules before or after I make the $10K in purchases...
Old Jul 7, 2010, 11:03 am

Help

Originally Posted by lessthanzero
Approved.

Not sure whether I should confirm the rules before or after I make the $10K in purchases...
Can someone help me with doing business applications? I have had one failed attempt on a delta business app (for my husband) so any input will be appreciated. From what I gather:

(1) Do not use EIN. Simply use SS number and personal name as name of the business.
(2) Leave the field for business income blank
(3) Enter information for household income like all other apps.

Any other tips?

Thanks!
Old Jul 7, 2010, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by learningtime
(1) Do not use EIN. Simply use SS number and personal name as name of the business.
If you have an EIN, why not use it? There's no need to get one, though.

(2) Leave the field for business income blank
I don't think you can leave it blank, but if you don't have any income for your business (uh, yet ), you can choose the dropdown $0-49,000, since 0 is part of that range.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by techboyds
If you have an EIN, why not use it? There's no need to get one, though.

I don't think you can leave it blank, but if you don't have any income for your business (uh, yet ), you can choose the dropdown $0-49,000, since 0 is part of that range.
I have an EIN but got declined for the other app when I used it. So I'm trying to get the most sure-shot way. Don't want to waste another inquiry.

Thanks!
Old Jul 7, 2010, 11:14 am

I have an EIN but got declined for the other app when I used it. So I'm trying to get the most sure-shot way. Don't want to waste another inquiry.
If all the other information is the same, I'd have to question whether leaving off the EIN would help. I'd think, in fact, that having an EIN would help, as it would make the app look more like it's coming from a legitimate business, unless that EIN's been blacklisted for some reason.

I don't know that for sure, though, but that's how I would reason it out. I'm pretty sure the advice about not using EIN isn't because it makes acceptance more likely, but rather because most people don't have one.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by techboyds
If all the other information is the same, I'd have to question whether leaving off the EIN would help. I'd think, in fact, that having an EIN would help, as it would make the app look more like it's coming from a legitimate business, unless that EIN's been blacklisted for some reason.

I don't know that for sure, though, but that's how I would reason it out. I'm pretty sure the advice about not using EIN isn't because it makes acceptance more likely, but rather because most people don't have one.
True. EIN should make it look more legitimate. People that got approved for this card, did you use an EIN or SS? As I mentioned before, I am new with business apps and am trying not to waste another inquiry after the delta business denial.

Thanks, in advance.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 11:35 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
I'm not an expert on this topic by any means, but wouldn't it be worse to use an EIN if there is absolutely no history associated with it? Where, if you just had your SS#, there is history and then you'll get approved/denied based on that history.

But, I don't know what the requirements are for history when applying with an EIN... somebody else would have to comment on that.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 11:41 am

True. EIN should make it look more legitimate. People that got approved for this card, did you use an EIN or SS?
My wife used an EIN (she has a photography business), and was approved.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 11:43 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Inasmuch as American Express is also the issuer of the Delta cards I would expect the outcome to be the same. How recent was the declined application, and what reason did American Express provide for the decision?
Old Jul 7, 2010, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by SkinsFan0521
I'm not an expert on this topic by any means, but wouldn't it be worse to use an EIN if there is absolutely no history associated with it?
Maybe, but most people with an EIN have one because they actually have a business with some history, I should think. The advice in this thread is not to bother getting an EIN just for this, and it's probably not just because it wouldn't help chances of getting approved (the iRS might also then expect income to be reported on that EIN).
Old Jul 7, 2010, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by mia
Inasmuch as American Express is also the issuer of the Delta cards I would expect the outcome to be the same. How recent was the declined application, and what reason did American Express provide for the decision?
That application was for my husband. I am planning to do this one for myself.

The reason for that denial was limited business experience and low income. On that application, I selected 0-25K business income from the drop down. Sent them tax returns for the prior two years showing household income from wages (nothing spectacular but decent six figures). They still refused to issue the card.

Timing of that application was end of April.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 8:42 am

Question on the 10k spend for bonus points

I wanted to clarify the terms on the spent on the Gold Card.

The terms state: To be eligible to earn bonus points, you must be enrolled in the Membership Rewards® program at the time of spend and you must charge $10,000 of eligible spending** between April 14, 2010 and December 31, 2010 on an eligible, enrolled Gold Card from American Express.

Then for the points it states:

Bonus Points: To be eligible to earn bonus points you must be enrolled in the Membership Rewards® program at the time of purchase and charge your purchases to an eligible, enrolled American Express® Card

Does this mean all the spend needs to be at the online retailers or through the bonus points mall?

I just want to be sure of the terms.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 9:42 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Bonesaz
I wanted to clarify the terms on the spent on the Gold Card.

The terms state: To be eligible to earn bonus points, you must be enrolled in the Membership Rewards® program at the time of spend and you must charge $10,000 of eligible spending** between April 14, 2010 and December 31, 2010 on an eligible, enrolled Gold Card from American Express.

Then for the points it states:

Bonus Points: To be eligible to earn bonus points you must be enrolled in the Membership Rewards® program at the time of purchase and charge your purchases to an eligible, enrolled American Express® Card

Does this mean all the spend needs to be at the online retailers or through the bonus points mall?

I just want to be sure of the terms.
I don't understand where you're reading anything about online retailers or bonus points mall...
Old Jul 12, 2010, 7:06 am

I'm reading this on the application page for the Credit Card. Look at this page and scroll to the bottom where the terms for the card are. It lists all of the details and I just wanted to be clear.

https://www201.americanexpress.com/s...&showLongApp=1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.