Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 20, 2013, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Find card benefits and updated information for every AMEX card issued in the USA here: http://www.americanexpress.com/us/co...-benefits.html

https://www.americanexpress.com/en-us/credit-cards/credit-intel/purchase-protection/

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/features-benefits/policies/purchase-protection-terms.html

Print Wikipost

American Express Purchase Protection

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2022, 4:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by zip10001
.... the shirt cannot be repaired.
They should give that to you in writing and submit that with your claim.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 6:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by friedablass
They should give that to you in writing and submit that with your claim.
Amex processed my claim under Purchase Protection after the Dry-cleaners manager filled out the paperwork. Pleased with the outcome.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by AaRdVarK
...I've had a dog eat my brand new $800 GPS, and they cut me a check when all I did was fax in a receipt and mail in pictures of the mangled GPS. I've also had my dog eat a couple pairs of new shoes, and I received credit for them with no issue. Quite frankly, the benefit is incredible. ...
Any recent claims like this older one?

Edit: Made a similar claim for shoes and was approved.

Last edited by rrgg; Jan 23, 2023 at 8:52 am
Old Apr 29, 2023, 11:31 pm

Lost several items

I bought a bunch of stuff for a recent trip I went on. I left my new headphones and some of my wife’s new jewelry in a bag at the beach. Went to try and find it but it was gone. Would purchase protection help me for 3 or 4 items lost at the same time? All were purchased within 90 days
Old Jun 10, 2023, 10:32 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum, ALL Gold
Originally Posted by JeffD
It was paid in full in November, 2020 at the time of purchase. Delivery was not until March, 2021. The damage was not caused by the seller. There was nothing wrong with the piece of furniture when it was delivered so there is no reason to go back to the seller for therm to "make good" or leave a bad review.
I should have posted this a long time ago, but for the record I filed a claim with Amex. They asked me to get an estimate for refinishing the furniture to determine whether it could be repaired or needed to be replaced. As it was less expensive to get it refinished, they paid the claim once I submitted the estimate, which included charges for the pickup, repair and return of the furniture (approximately $2500). Got it repaired and it looks like new. Amex never said a word about the date of charge versus delivery. Very happy with the outcome
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 9:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by friedablass
Ouch. I would file as lost, unless you have a police report which they ask you for when something is reported as stolen.
Originally Posted by Puppykiwi
I bought a bunch of stuff for a recent trip I went on. I left my new headphones and some of my wife’s new jewelry in a bag at the beach. Went to try and find it but it was gone. Would purchase protection help me for 3 or 4 items lost at the same time? All were purchased within 90 days
Do you have a police report?
Old Jun 12, 2023, 9:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by catawiki1
Thank you. Just bought two champagne glasses and as soon as I took them out of the box I dropped one and broke it smh
You dropped it, and you want Amex to pay for it?
Old Jun 12, 2023, 9:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Mama
You dropped it, and you want Amex to pay for it?
I'm sure it was dropped by mistake and not purposely and that's exactly what Amex Purchase protection is here for.

Not sure why you feel the need to dredge up a post from over a year ago from a member that's been suspended and become the moral policeman/woman.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 11:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
FWIW we bought some Adirondack chairs last year and within two weeks a tree branch came crashing down on them. We sent Amex a pic and the receipt and cc statement showing the purchase and got a credit within a few days.

I love this benefit. Also love the return protection for stores that like “final sale/no returns”.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 10:53 am

Pants refunded

I got refunded for new set of pants. I bought some light tan 5.11 pants for $74. The same day, my pen leaked in the pants pocket creating some blue spots that didn't wash out.

Amex refunded me in 2 days. No receipt or pics needed.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
I think I know the answer to my question but open to feedback.

I bought Apple airpods pro 2nd gen in July 2023, I used a mix of $200 gift cards & $49 on Amex plat.

last week our dog chewed the airpods

I plan on filling a purchase protection claim.
Q: will I get reimbursed for the total amout ($249 before taxes) or $49 (actual charge on the Amex) ?
Old Sep 29, 2023, 10:42 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Only $49 will be reimbursed. Read here: https://www.americanexpress.com/cont..._REV_08.22.pdf Page 3, first paragraph.

zip10001 likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 4:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Submitted a claim a few days ago for an item that fell out of my pocket will I was sitting at a public event. I have scoured the small area but item not there. I presume it was stolen bc no one turned in to lost and found. I honestly don’t know if this is a covered situation.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 8:38 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
.....fell out of my pocket....
Which card did you use to make the purchase? Platinum covers "lost" items, most of the others do not, but we would need to lookup the specific card to verify.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by mia
Which card did you use to make the purchase? Platinum covers "lost" items, most of the others do not, but we would need to lookup the specific card to verify.
Platinum. So hopefully it’s covered. I read up thread something about lost not being covered but now I realize that might be another card. Thanks for the info MIA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.