Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

DUB / Dublin Contract & EI Lounges (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DUB / Dublin Contract & EI Lounges (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2008, 11:37 am

Programs: Various
My flights in/out of DUB in late Sept and early Oct were quite a hump from the main terminal. IIRC it was from D-65, it also meant no jetbridge for whatever reason. Good thing it wasn't inclement weather, but I couldn't imagine them doing this in the winter.

Back on topic, one of the postings I made on another thread was referenced, but things have changed as of November 1. We still do not know the COS or Booking code of the OP ticket. This is now the determining factor for "allowed" access to the lounge on an AA coded flight.

OP=please be more specific with your flight info so we can give you accurate info in return.
Old Dec 12, 2008, 11:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kgmm77
The Anna Livia lounge really isn't worth getting worked up about, nor is the EI one for that matter...
Right. Anyone and their mom can pay 25 Euros to access the Anna Livia lounge (for 3 hours), so no big whoop on exclusivity there.

Last edited by WanderingGent; Dec 12, 2008 at 8:03 pm Reason: Clarification
Old Dec 12, 2008, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA PLAT
From http://www.americanairlines.ie/conte...nAirport.jhtml

"AA Passenger Lounge Access
Eligible passengers may use the Aer Lingus' Lounge. This is located at the opening of Pier B, after Passport Control & Security.
It can be accessed via a lift on the left-hand side before the Pub. Eligible passengers include American Airline's Business Class passengers, AAdvantage® Executive Platinum and Platinum members and Admirals Club members departing on American Airlines
or Aer Lingus."
Old Dec 12, 2008, 2:10 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Today we left from D61, a country mile from the mediocre EI lounge.
Old Dec 12, 2008, 5:53 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
The EI lounge has great views, but the decor seems to not have been updated since the 80's.
I was only able to get one photo when I was in there the day before Thanksgiving. It reminded me of the Lufthansa Lounge at Zurich that AA was sending flyers to. They had some very similar looking seats.
Old Dec 12, 2008, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by paulmcgrath

Eligible passengers may use the Aer Lingus' Lounge. This is located at the opening of Pier B, after Passport Control & Security.
It can be accessed via a lift on the left-hand side before the Pub. Eligible passengers include American Airline's Business Class passengers, AAdvantage® Executive Platinum and Platinum members and Admirals Club members departing on American Airlines
or Aer Lingus."
Thanks Paul

The information on lounge access seems to almost change weekly

Well that is certainly good news, let's see how long it lasts
Anyone know of any arrangements at LHR, it used to be that if you were connecting to EI at LHR after arriving on AA in J, that you had access.
Old Dec 12, 2008, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by eireman
Thanks Paul

Well that is certainly good news, let's see how long it lasts
Anyone know of any arrangements at LHR, it used to be that if you were connecting to EI at LHR after arriving on AA in J, that you had access.
I'm pretty sure that the page referenced is out of date. The same AmericanAirlines.ie page, on its lounge access page, says the following:

Eligible American Airlines passengers at Dublin Airport can use Aer Lingus' Gold Circle Lounge. The facility is open only to Business Class passengers departing on American Airlines.
http://www.americanairlines.ie/conte...linClubs.jhtml

Which is consistent with the reports from recently, and makes sense given the termination of the EI relationship on November 1st. Has anyone had any recent experience where non-J passengers have gotten lounge access?
Old Dec 12, 2008, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by paulmcgrath

or Aer Lingus."
Originally Posted by eireman
Yeah. That might be what the website says, but that's not what the lounge attendants said two weeks ago when I tried to access the lounge (I was flying in Y). I was told only passengers flying J get access. YMMV.
Old Dec 12, 2008, 9:30 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by skye1
To be honest, you're not missing much.
Originally Posted by Kgmm77
The Anna Livia lounge really isn't worth getting worked up about, nor is the EI one for that matter...
Originally Posted by justforfun
As far as the EI lounge goes, it's nothing to write home about. It does have great views of the tarmac, but the food and beverage offering is abysmal. You're not missing out if you don't have access.
Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
It's really not worth it unless you have no where better to go.
Seems to pretty much sum up the Dublin Lounge question.

Last edited by skye1; Dec 13, 2008 at 3:54 pm
Old Dec 13, 2008, 6:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, MR LT PPE, Arise Mucci des Hommes de Fer
Originally Posted by tom911
I was only able to get one photo when I was in there the day before Thanksgiving. It reminded me of the Lufthansa Lounge at Zurich that AA was sending flyers to. They had some very similar looking seats.
Tom,

Is it me or did they just move seats from the terminal into their lounge? Also, thanks for sharing all of your photos. I really enjoy them.^
Old Dec 13, 2008, 7:21 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
They look like the same seats we have at the gates at SFO. Thankyou for your kind comments.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA PLAT
I ment to see if I could get in this morning but I was running late!
Old Dec 14, 2008, 11:20 am

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Slightly OT (well, maybe not slightly), but why does the AA site recommend arriving at DUB 3 hours before the flight? Mrs. Catbert10 and I are returning from Dublin 1/1, and the thought of getting up early enough to be there at 7:30 already hurts.
Old Dec 14, 2008, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Couldn't get into any lounge last spring

When I was connecting through Dublin. I was told my connection (not just my arriving flight) needed to be to a "J" seat and since I was EVIP, I was SOL. I wouldn't have cared so much but the Dublin airport is really the pits. There didn't seem to be enough places to sit, not much to look at, and too few restaurants. I ended up buying breakfast in a Corner Bakery look-alike that was completely horrid -- even the tea was bad (how can you mess up tea?) I guess the Golden Tiger hasn't yet reached the airport. Give me LHR and it's miles of things to do and great lounges over DUB anyday.

I'll be flying back through Dublin next spring as well but am avoiding the whole lounge situation by doing a full overnight stop in Dublin .
Old Dec 14, 2008, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by Catbert10
Slightly OT (well, maybe not slightly), but why does the AA site recommend arriving at DUB 3 hours before the flight? Mrs. Catbert10 and I are returning from Dublin 1/1, and the thought of getting up early enough to be there at 7:30 already hurts.
I and my SO flew from DUB-ORD on the 28th last month. We arrived at the airport about 90 mins before scheduled takeoff. No line at the ticket counters, security took about five minutes, and had time to look for the non-existent VAT refund office worker and make it to gate D61 with about ten minutes to spare before boarding began.

I would add a bit of time to this -- maybe half an hour -- because I think I was a fairly light travel day/time. YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.