Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA schedule changes - flight change / cancellation / refund policy (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 28, 2015, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
AA schedule changes - free flight change / cancellation / refund

The latest change policy may be read here (Thanks to MRP Alert for resource link.)
The above link appears to be broken. The latest change policy, as of June 13, 2023, can be found here.

As of March 2022:
  • Limited changes allowed if schedule change is 60 minutes or less.
  • More flexibility if schedule change is 61 minutes or more.
  • Refunds on non-refundable fares typically require a schedule change of 241 minutes or more.

NOTE: The Detailed Fare Rules for your ticket(s) details refundability, etc. You can read (and print to PDF, etc.) before you purchase. Regardless of fare title (Refundable, Flexible, etc.) you should read these prior to purchase.

beachfan has shared:

I believe if it's an equipment swap, to a less desirable plane (I.e, 777 to 738) then yes, full refund, otherwise it's 120 minutes. One Mile at a Time blog covered this and referred to the contract of carriage (or whatever the linked document is called; it's titled general rules).

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...irplane-change

International Tariff (March 2023)

International General Rules

Code:
SCHEDULE CHANGE
IN THE EVENT, AFTER TICKET ISSUANCE, SCHEDULE
CHANGES ARE MADE BY AA THAT:
(I) AFFECT A PASSENGER'S DEPARTURE AND/OR
ARRIVAL BY 2 OR MORE HOURS;
(II) RESULT IN THE ADDITION OF AN INTERMEDIATE
STOP ON THE PASSENGER'S ITINERARY;
(III) RESULT IN A SUBSTITUTION OF EQUIPMENT NOT
ACCEPTABLE TO THE PASSENGER; OR
(IV) IF A CANCELLATION OR A CHANGE IN EITHER AIR
OR TOUR ITINERARY IS INITIATED EITHER BY AA
OR IT'S TOUR OPERATORS WHICH IS UNACCEPTABLE
TO THE PASSENGER, THE PASSENGER WILL HAVE THE
OPTION OF CANCELLING WITHOUT PENALTY, OR
REROUTING ON DIFFERENT FLIGHTS TO/FROM THE
SAME OR DIFFERENT DESTINATION. HOWEVER, THE
PASSENGER MUST PAY ANY ADDITIONAL AMOUNTS
RESULTING FROM THE REROUTING.
Older posts may be read here.
Print Wikipost

AA schedule changes - flight change / cancellation / refund policy (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2024, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Yet another schedule change 2 days ago. This time more significant as MIA-PAP has been retimed to depart 7AM and it is not possible to get from any of the airports in NYC to catch the MIA-PAP flight this early, so AA has rebooked me on the 6:30PM flight to MIA the previous day and this time from LGA rather than JFK. This will not work so I suppose I will try my luck to get rebooked to JFK-MIA-SDQ instead.
AA has cancelled its flight to PAP since the beginning of March and that likely will continue until the civil unrest clears up. Flying to SDQ might end up being your only choice anyways.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 12:20 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Yet another schedule change 2 days ago. This time more significant as MIA-PAP has been retimed to depart 7AM and it is not possible to get from any of the airports in NYC to catch the MIA-PAP flight this early, so AA has rebooked me on the 6:30PM flight to MIA the previous day and this time from LGA rather than JFK. This will not work so I suppose I will try my luck to get rebooked to JFK-MIA-SDQ instead.
What month has AA now reached for the schedule changes?
Old Mar 21, 2024, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
My flight to PAP is scheduled for late May
Lefly likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 2:22 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
My flight to PAP is scheduled for late May
Thank you, I'm waiting for August changes.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 1:32 pm

Booked on DFW-MIA-UVF in J. There was a change to the DFW-MIA segment of 2 hours, and minor changes elsewhere. I want to change the DFW-MIA leg to an earlier flight, as my current MIA-UVF segment leaves at 8:35am the next morning and I'd like a few more hours of sleep.

The problem I'm having is the agent indicates only one seat is available in J on MIA-UVF (reservation is for 2), which is preventing them from changing the DFW-MIA segment I want to change.

Seems like they are trying to reticket the entire DFW-UVF leg without retaining the inventory already ticketed in the MIA-UVF segment. Is this normal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.