Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

MXP / Milan Malpensa oneworld Lounges (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2015, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: superscot
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

MXP / Milan Malpensa International Airport
3rd Party SEA ViaMilano AA and oneworld use Lounges

Link to MXP information on aa.com

Link to MXP airport website

Note: SEA ViaMilano lounges are also accessible via membership 1,000 € annual) or pay (~ 35€). See here.

Terminal 1 Area B (non-Schengen) - SEA ViaMilano Sala Montale Lounge

Note: Must present a boarding pass for same day departing travel on an AA or US marketed and operated flight* and one of the following:
  • First Class or Business Class ticket (on same flight)
  • oneworld Emerald or oneworld Sapphire card
  • Admirals Club or US Airways Club membership card
  • Also serves departing qualified passengers on British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Qatar Airways, TAM
Hours: 06:00 - 22:00. Open to non-Schengen longhaul flights.

Amenities:
  • Courtesy WiFi
  • Soft and alcoholic drinks
  • Self serve buffet
  • (Showers - but these are at additional cost - €16?)

Terminal 1 Area B (non-Schengen) SEA ViaMilano Pergolesi Lounge

Note: Third party lounge. Qualified passengers must present a boarding pass for same day departing travel on an RJ / Royal Jordanian[/LIST][/INDENT]
Hours: 06:00 - 22:00. Open to qualified passengers non-Schengen longhaul RJ flights.

Amenities:
  • Courtesy WiFi
  • Self serve buffet
  • No Showers
  • Smoking room

Terminal 1 Area A (Schengen) SEA ViaMilano Monteverdi Lounge

Note: Third party lounge. Qualified passengers must present a boarding pass for same day departing travel on a an AY / Finnair or IB / Iberia flight.[/LIST][/INDENT]
Hours: 06:00 - 21:00. Open to qualified passengers departing on AY and IB Schengen flights.

Amenities:
  • Courtesy WiFi
  • Self serve buffet
  • Showers
For further lounge information, see oneworld Lounge Access page here

Print Wikipost

MXP / Milan Malpensa oneworld Lounges (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2015, 1:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, &c.
Some thoughts on the Sala Montale at MXP open to One World flyers:

It's nice! I'm not perhaps as jaded as some FTers, but it was a perfectly pleasant place to spend a bit of time. I found it much nicer-- in terms of food/beverage offerings and seating-- than the Admirals Club at JFK. Even in the morning, there was a full selection of soft drinks, alcoholic beverages (Campari, wines, beers, etc.), coffee, and the like, all self-serve. There were small snacks: I didn't eat anything, so didn't pay that close attention, but there was variety, including pastries, fruits, and small snacks.

In addition to the main seating areas, there's a family room (brilliant), a smoker's room, and my favorite, the sleeping room (see photo below.) The sleeping room had comfortable, Eames-style recliners and a nice view of the tarmac, and was completely empty for the 35 minutes or so I spent there. It was really very peaceful. I believe there were also showers, but this won't help arrivals, unfortunately.

The sleeping room:
[IMG][url=https://flic.kr/p/AjF3Rs][/IMG]

The terminal, on the other hand, is very uncomfortable. My BA flight was slightly delayed, and there were few places to sit and the seats were very hard and uncomfortable, no wifi (or at least I wasn't able to connect if there was complimentary wifi in the terminal). Near the gates there was another small duty-free shop and a newsstand. If I return to MXP, I'll stay as long as possible in the lounge; if I didn't have lounge access, I'd spend more time in the shopping areas or restaurants before one gets to the gate. Either way, I'd spend the bare minimum at the gate area.

Last edited by turnleftbrighteyes; Nov 19, 2015 at 1:16 pm Reason: photo fail
Old Nov 20, 2015, 3:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat for Life, ex BD Gld (RIP)
Was in the Sala Montana lounge (B gates, non-Schengen) yesterday. I agree that it's a very pleasant lounge with a good selection of pastries, sandwiches, coffee etc at breakfast time. Plenty of seating and good wifi.

The only issue that I had, having just come of a TATL flight, was that whilst there are showers advertised, these come at an additional cost - €16 IIRC.

Wiki updated.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 2:16 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
First time flying to MXP. I'll be arriving on AA 198 (from JFK). I then have a 2h 45m layover before departing on EasyJet.

Will I have access to any of the PP lounges? I'd really like to shower if possible. It looks like AA flies into T1 and EasyJet departs from T2... but since most of the PP lounges are T1 airside I suspect I won't be able to get to them.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by AirD0c
First time flying to MXP. I'll be arriving on AA 198 (from JFK). I then have a 2h 45m layover before departing on EasyJet.

Will I have access to any of the PP lounges? I'd really like to shower if possible. It looks like AA flies into T1 and EasyJet departs from T2... but since most of the PP lounges are T1 airside I suspect I won't be able to get to them.
The only one you'd have access to is the Respighi lounge which is landside but doesn't have a shower.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 3:41 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
The only one you'd have access to is the Respighi lounge which is landside but doesn't have a shower.
Thanks for the reply. That's unfortunate.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Sorry for the duplicative post, but this thread has me confused. I'm flying in tomorrow but don't have an onward connection. I just need a lounge to spend 4 hours in upon arrival, and would prefer one with showers, but that isn't critical. I don't mind paying for access, it's still better than hanging out in the terminal.

What are my options?
Old Apr 20, 2016, 12:56 am

Programs: AA; GOL Smiles; COPA ConnectMiles; Marriot Bonvoy Titanium; Amtrak Guest Rewards Elite
Just updating to say that I also found the B-side lounge to be pleasant and accommodating. The food is good but nothing special (sandwiches, pastries, fruit, etc.). If you're looking for a hot meal, then this is not the place. The drink selection is fantastic. I'm always amazed at lounges that have self-service alcohol at all hours.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 8:23 am

Programs: AA EXP DL Plat BONVOY LT Plat
Originally Posted by GotCalcio4
Sorry for the duplicative post, but this thread has me confused. I'm flying in tomorrow but don't have an onward connection. I just need a lounge to spend 4 hours in upon arrival, and would prefer one with showers, but that isn't critical. I don't mind paying for access, it's still better than hanging out in the terminal.

What are my options?
Have there been any updates to ARRIVAL LOUNGES at MXP
upcoming AA flight with morning arrival - looking to clean up before onward landside travel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.