Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Expanded / additional MileSAAver award & upgrade availability for EXP (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2013, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
"Expanded Award Seating Availability (from Executive Platinum Guide)

As an AAdvantage Executive Platinum member, you have exclusive access to additional MileSAAver® award seating availability through AAdvantage Reservations for travel on American Airlines, American Eagle and AmericanConnection flights for you and one companion (must travel with you on the same itinerary - JD). While this is not a guarantee of available seating, it does provide more flexibility when you are traveling on a MileSAAver award."

NOTE: This expanded EXP availability is not guaranteed and may vary on different flights. It is not available during peak travel periods. In recent years this benefit appears diminished.

Please see archived older posts from this thread here.

Print Wikipost

Expanded / additional MileSAAver award & upgrade availability for EXP (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2015, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
I got nowhere with them, but does anyone know if these might open up closer to flight dates?
For example, currently JFK-LHR flight 106 on March 8th only shows 6 business class taken, but they can't make any available
Any tips or suggestions might be appreciated. <redacted>

Last edited by JDiver; May 27, 2016 at 8:25 pm Reason: Quid pro quo instrument offer prohibited
Old Feb 11, 2015, 4:28 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Merged with existing discussion on expanded award inventory for EXP members. Thanks. /Moderator
Old Feb 11, 2015, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by dlandz
I got nowhere with them, but does anyone know if these might open up closer to flight dates?
For example, currently JFK-LHR flight 106 on March 8th only shows 6 business class taken, but they can't make any available
Any tips or suggestions might be appreciated.
It is certainly possible, but generally unlikely that AA opens milesaaver inventory closer in on that route.

Last edited by JDiver; May 27, 2016 at 8:25 pm Reason: Redacted previously deleted post content
Old Jun 15, 2015, 12:15 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
"special", intl. BC saver awards?

Just like sightings of BIG FOOT, there is supposed to be "special" (for EXPs) "C" class availability [I've read here on FT that this DOES exist]
Does AA have a similar thing for intl. BC saver awards?
In particular, I've booked (BC SAVER) 11/25: JFK-LHR (AA metal)-ZRH (BA); I'd prefer Flt. 64: JFK-ZRH (AA)--NO change in LHR + avoiding all BA fuel surcharges.^ [That EF shows lots of empty J seats on 64, does not mean they will ever release BC SAVER--though for 11/24 they have!]
Old Jun 15, 2015, 12:24 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Merged with existing discussion about expanded MileSaaver availability for Executive Platinum members. /Moderator

I know we've definitely gotten reports additional upgrade and Y MileSaaver availability for EXPs, but don't recall if we've gotten any reports of J MileSaaver availability... Perhaps others can chime in with their info/experiences?
Old Jun 15, 2015, 1:11 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Question regarding expanded availability - I have tried couple of times but didn't get anywhere with it. AAgent insisted they have zero visibility into the list and availability.

Anyways, I have SWU applied to LAX-MIA-GIG trip few months out. Domestic segments are upgraded but MIA-GIG is still on Y (there was C at the time). Am I waitlisted automatically when C opens up or do I need to keep calling?
Old Nov 10, 2015, 9:54 pm

Programs: Mucci, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Any Luck with Expanded Milesaaver availability?

Hi!

Just wondering if anyone has had success with expanded milesaaver availability through the EXP desk lately. I've tried on several occasions in the past few months, but no luck. Is it just me?

Thanks!
Old Feb 10, 2016, 9:21 pm

Programs: EMT-P
I tried tonight and was told "keep checking back on the website". I had all the information prepared to ask for exactly what I wanted but there was no interest in helping from the CSR. Seems like, from what I've read, that this isn't a real benefit any more.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 10:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I'm starting to sense this decline as well.

I have a flight with 2 MilesAAver awards available, need 4. None of the agents can help. One said she wouldn't even bother requesting because unlike the old days the system now gives her an instant no.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 11:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by oysterhead43
I'm starting to sense this decline as well.

I have a flight with 2 MilesAAver awards available, need 4. None of the agents can help. One said she wouldn't even bother requesting because unlike the old days the system now gives her an instant no.
Originally Posted by medichill
I tried tonight and was told "keep checking back on the website". I had all the information prepared to ask for exactly what I wanted but there was no interest in helping from the CSR. Seems like, from what I've read, that this isn't a real benefit any more.
What you guys are both referencing is -not- "expanded award inventory" (the subject of this thread) as that is either there or not there in the system, no requesting/asking involved and is not dependent on an agent's willingness or eagerness to assist, per we.

QMAX requesting is the process you're both talking about, and it's a separate process entirely with it's own thread, just to be clear on the difference.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 10:09 am

Programs: EMT-P
Originally Posted by JonNYC
What you guys are both referencing is -not- "expanded award inventory" (the subject of this thread) as that is either there or not there in the system, no requesting/asking involved and is not dependent on an agent's willingness or eagerness to assist, per we.

QMAX requesting is the process you're both talking about, and it's a separate process entirely with it's own thread, just to be clear on the difference.
OK, jonNYC, thanks. I'll switch over to the other thread.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 3:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by medichill
OK, jonNYC, thanks. I'll switch over to the other thread.
No biggie, of course, just wanted to make sure the distinction continues to be clear.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 7:43 pm

Struck out a couple more times today trying to get MilesAAver rates on segments only available as AAnytime. 6 months in advance. YVR to DFW.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 8:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by oysterhead43
Struck out a couple more times today trying to get MilesAAver rates on segments only available as AAnytime. 6 months in advance. YVR to DFW.
Did you expect otherwise for some reason?
Old Feb 13, 2016, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by JonNYC
Did you expect otherwise for some reason?
The reason: in the past I could call about expanded milesAAver availbility that is (supposedly) available to EXPs and would have luck. Now they always say no.

Maybe I'm missing something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.