Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

aa.com: “The flight(s) or fare selected is no longer available.” Please modify...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 30, 2019, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
“The flight(s) or fare selected... no longer available.”

For paid fares, this is often an indication that fare bucket is no longer available, or if a segment on another airline available the system is experiencing difficulties in completing the booking. For the latter, a call may resolve the issue and should be free of charge because the itinerary was not bookable on the aa.com site.

For awards, that can mean the available award has been taken up since you saw it, there was a phantom report shown, or an internal error occurred.

Print Wikipost

aa.com: “The flight(s) or fare selected is no longer available.” Please modify...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, HH Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Are you searching for MSY-NCE or seatching as 2 (or more) segments MSY-xxx/xxx-NCE ?

If the latter, it could just be a married sector availability issue - A-B may be available in a particular booking class and B-C may be available in the same booking class , but not as A-C via B

The individual searches wll be ok, but when it goes to price it, it will check for through availability and then say that the flights are no longer available
Is there a way to fix this and have a CSR book these two flights together or "marry" them together?
Old Nov 13, 2018, 2:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by hawkfan7314
Is there a way to fix this and have a CSR book these two flights together or "marry" them together?
No. You can only book based on availabilty for the journey being booked
If going to book A-C via B, you can only book based on availabiltiy of A-C via B
Old Dec 1, 2018, 11:27 am

Question Flight not available

I was comparing the cost to pay cash for AA tickets to the amount of miles needed for the same flight. I sorted the flight results based upon duration and found a short flight that I liked with cash payment. For some reason, I could not find this same flight when booking using AAdvantage miles. Is this common or am I dong something wrong?
Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:33 pm

MileSAAver or AAnytime? It could be there were no award fights available for that specific flight.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:41 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Trying to book CLT-MAD-DBV with return DBV-MAD-CLT
Shows up on aa.com and on ITA Matrix
aa.com website will not book with the notorious "fare no longer available". I tried forcing it to aa using bookwithmatrix and still no success
First call to aa and no one can explain
HUAC and I am told that Iberia (DBV to MAD flight on return is a codeshare) will not confirm and that is the only problem.

Any tips?
Old Aug 30, 2019, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, QF
Award Flight Availability Issues?

Is anyone else having issues trying to book award flights for next May between Asia and Australia? The flights show up in the blocks but when you click on them and hit continue it just reloads the page and gives this error....

"The flight you selected is no longer available. Please modify your request."

This is happening for all carriers (QF, MH, etc) between the two continents...I have tried flights from TPE, KUL, SIN, and PVG....all with the same result
Old Aug 30, 2019, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Have you verified elsewhere that the space actually exists?
Old Aug 30, 2019, 1:33 pm

Sounds like you may be looking at phantom award space. Sometimes the AA award chart shows award flights that don't actually exist. The Qantas website is less prone to this issue, so you might see what you see there. Or just call AA and see if any real award space exists on the dates/routes you wish to fly.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 3:28 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, HawaiianMiles
I thought I was the only one having problems finding award availability. Not traveling to Asia or Australia in May, but am to GCM in June. Same thing. Shows plenty of availability until you click on them. Web Specials are mostly overnight flights. I'm almost convinced the more I check the more miles they want. It's very frustrating.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA Plt, UA 1P
Booking Errors - “Flight no longer available “

Has anyone else been having "flight no longer available" booking errors?

Have been trying to book an ORD-PEN flight for a couple days now. Every time I'm able to select the outbound, return, and then confirm. . .but I get an error before getting to the seat selection. Have tried multiple different flights and dates. I know I can call the PLT desk and they'll help; but I really wanted to be able to see the seat maps to pick which flights I want.

The last leg from HKG to PEN is on Cathay Dragon, is AA perhaps having some difficulties interfacing with them for booking?
Old Sep 26, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT
Pick the right flights based on seat availability from here and then call PLT to book if it's just the seat availability you are looking for.

Or have I missed something?
Old Sep 27, 2019, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by ctm78
Has anyone else been having "flight no longer available" booking errors?
This has been going on for years, particularly with SEAsia flights.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 5:23 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Just call. You can see the seat maps anyway and simply ask for the ones you want.

Don't forget that booking non-AA may take as long as 72 hours for the other carrier to confirm positive space.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 10:41 am
JTK

Programs: AAdvantage EP
Depending on what class of service you want, I would try the Cathay Pacific website. If you are flying Y then be careful of the fare as most discount Y fares earn nothing on AA. If you want to fly PE, this could be sweet spot for earning EQD and EQM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.