Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage and Admirals Club baggage / luggage tags availability (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 21, 2015, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
AAdvantage and Admirals Club Baggage Tags

Baggage tags are sent to:

Executive Platinum members upon qualifying or requalifying (2)

AAdvantage members who achieve the 1 Million Miles (2) threshold and each 1 MM after that.

AAdvantage members are not offered opportunities to buy AA baggage tags

Some Admirals Club members have reported receiving two baggage tags as of Jul-Aug 2016. Previously, they had been discontinued; AA personalized luggage tags are no longer available on order via the aa.com website or at Admirals Clubs. (However, in post #251, made 28 Jul 2016, NYCommuter states s/he received two tags.)

We are not sure yet whether these are sent only to new members, or also renewing members, direct or Citi Executive members.

Q: Where can I purchase AAdvantage® or Admirals Club® personalized luggage tags?

A. Q: Where can I purchase AAdvantage® or Admirals Club® personalized luggage tags?
A: Admirals Club® personalized luggage tags are available for purchase at Admirals Club® locations. The Purchase of personalized AAdvantage® luggage tags has been discontinued as of December 20, 2012. Link to Admirals Club and Luggage Tags FAQ

obsolete language struck through
PERSONALIZED LUGGAGE TAGS

As of December 31, 2014, we have discontinued the purchase of personalized luggage tags at Admirals Club® locations. Link
American Airlines logo (holders for your card or insert) luggage tags (and other memorabilia) are available from the AA C. R. Smith Museum store: http://store.crsmithmuseum.org/store...ge-Tags/<br />
Another resource for various luggage tags, AA logo apparel, TravelPro rolling luggage etc. Is the AA DFW Employee Store, located at the lowest numbered gate in DFW Terminal C, or you can visit the store online here: http://thedfwemployeestore.com. Their embroidered luggage tags may be seen here: http://www.airlineemployeeshop.com/category_s/2104.htm
Print Wikipost

AAdvantage and Admirals Club baggage / luggage tags availability (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2006, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP-1MM, SPG Gld, HH Silver, Skymiles, Marriott Silver, Hyatt GP Plat , CO Peon, Hertz 5 Star
Originally Posted by HNL
Rumor has it JonNYC was right (was there any doubt?) and they'll be for sale very soon....
Keep us posted on this. I would like to buy some more EXP tags to replace all the PLT tags I have. Especially since as of yesterday I will be EXP through at least Feb of '08.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 5:35 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP (5.8MM Airpass) Delta Gold Medallion Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by chsb
Keep us posted on this. I would like to buy some more EXP tags to replace all the PLT tags I have. Especially since as of yesterday I will be EXP through at least Feb of '08.
I was advised my an AA Agent to not use EXP tags on checked bags on intl flights as they are often used to identify baggage for looting or intentional damage. It seems they identify "capitalistic Americans". I took mine off. In any event, they certainly don't get any "special treatment". I just got my new ones and tossed them.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Well... the gold members get free tags with the 25 years ADV promotion:

"Earn 40,000 - 49,999 elite qualifying miles or points during 2006"and choose one of the following:

Two 500-Mile Upgrades
-> One Set of Elite Luggage Tags
One Admirals Club One-Day Pass
5,000 AAdvantage Bonus Miles

Old Oct 23, 2006, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by AA53
It seems they identify "capitalistic Americans". I took mine off. In any event, they certainly don't get any "special treatment". I just got my new ones and tossed them.
Of course so does nice luggage and a luggage tag with your name and address. So you can't really conceal that all that much. Best to use beat up but sturdy suitcases and a tag that conceals your address. Or stick with carry-on.

Last edited by ricktoronto; Oct 23, 2006 at 6:13 pm
Old Oct 23, 2006, 6:33 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond; SPG Gold; MR Platinum :)
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Well... the gold members get free tags with the 25 years ADV promotion:

"Earn 40,000 - 49,999 elite qualifying miles or points during 2006"and choose one of the following:

Two 500-Mile Upgrades
-> One Set of Elite Luggage Tags
One Admirals Club One-Day Pass
5,000 AAdvantage Bonus Miles

If you are PLT and don't requalify but you get enough for gold and you get between 40-49000 do you get to pick the gold benefits?
Old Oct 24, 2006, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by monsrt
If you are PLT and don't requalify but you get enough for gold and you get between 40-49000 do you get to pick the gold benefits?
The rules seem to indicate that this is based on your Dec 31 status.
So, you have to be gold at that time to get the bonus.
The idea is to reward people who do better than before, but don't quite make it to the next tier.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 3:07 am

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, HH peon
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Right now, nobody-- Plats don't get tags. Soon though, maybe points.com (have your credit card handy).....
Rumor has it JonNYC was right (was there any doubt?) and they'll be for sale very soon....
I've heard that they should be available as early as today. In fact, I just stumbled across this page online... maybe where the info will be once it's official???

I'll update if I hear more.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by monsrt
Not likely that they will reward the failure to qualify for your current level.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 8:30 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
Not likely that they will reward the failure to qualify for your current level.
My interpretation is that they would. I read it as meaning your newly-earned status on Dec. 31. So, if you were PLT last (earned) year, but make GLD+ during the 2006 flying year, you'd get the GLD bonus. This is just an interpretation that I (and some others that I've read) share...but I don't know if it's factual any more then the converse intrpretation.

Cheers.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 8:43 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
A truly capital idea! I wish I had thought of that - after all, my status gets me so much when it is spotted at the airport, Starbucks, Target... AND it saves the hotglue I was going to use it to attach it to my forehead, helping to preserve a vital natural resource.

(I truly do like the theory that, without having a tag displaying my personal data - which in my line of work is not a good idea - my carryon, (or is it carrion, I forget,) will be returned to AA and then to me. ^ )

Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
Yep, the baggage-handling machines just love to eat luggage tags. That's why EXP tags go on carry-on luggage only. Besides, what better way to flaunt status? It requires a minimum of two luggage tags, mounted back to back. That way, people can see the status-tag no matter which way it happens to flip-flop.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by brp
My interpretation is that they would. I read it as meaning your newly-earned status on Dec. 31. So, if you were PLT last (earned) year, but make GLD+ during the 2006 flying year, you'd get the GLD bonus. This is just an interpretation that I (and some others that I've read) share...but I don't know if it's factual any more then the converse intrpretation.
I don't share in this interpretation, because a person who loses status does not lose it on December 31 - it's lost on March 1.

Mike
Old Oct 24, 2006, 11:32 am

It is really quite apparent the idea is you get more points than you need to MAINTAIN your level but not enough to get to the next one, they give you this one time giftie as part of the 25th anniversary whoopdeedoodies.

Note there is nothing for "White Cards" who get less than 25,000, like a pen or something and using this logic there would have to be.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 7:40 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
According to what JonNYC posted, tags will be for sale on AA.com Tues. Oct. 31st (unless he meant yesterday).

Edited to add:
Sales may not be online Tues after all. Due to some unexpected technical changes, the AA Luggage Tag product implementation has been postponed.

Last edited by oklAAhoma; Oct 25, 2006 at 12:53 pm
Old Oct 25, 2006, 9:24 am

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Not sure if this has been asked

Originally Posted by mvoight
The rules seem to indicate that this is based on your Dec 31 status.
So, you have to be gold at that time to get the bonus.
The idea is to reward people who do better than before, but don't quite make it to the next tier.
Here is my situation. PLT for the last two years. I will become EXP around Dec 7, 06 for the first time.

I will qualify EXP via segments (101) but will only have around 52K EQM/EQP

What will my 25 Anv. bonus be? Not enough EQM/EQP for even the PLT bonus but I moved from PLT to EXP for the first time.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by ALARISstl
Here is my situation. PLT for the last two years. I will become EXP around Dec 7, 06 for the first time.

I will qualify EXP via segments (101) but will only have around 52K EQM/EQP

What will my 25 Anv. bonus be? Not enough EQM/EQP for even the PLT bonus but I moved from PLT to EXP for the first time.
Based on a plain reading of the rules for this promo, it is clear that you will not get anything for being an EXP with 52k Q-miles/Q-points.

Mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.