Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Earn AA miles on DL / Delta operated by Alaska / AS or vice versa? (No.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 28, 2013, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

This thread was created to discuss questions surrounding AAdvantage miles earning for Delta Air Lines marketed codeshare flights, operated by Alaska Airlines and for Alaska Airlines marketed / codeshare flights operated by Delta Air Lines. At this time neither is possible.

It is not possible to earn AS marketed flights operated by another (other than AA) oneworld carrier, either, as Alaska Airlines is not a oneworld carrier.

~AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

Earn AA miles on DL / Delta operated by Alaska / AS or vice versa? (No.)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2006, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Anyone disagree?
I do - you won't get miles for the AS codeshare on DL metal. The only way you're going to get miles from an AS-coded flight is to have it on AS, QX, or AA metal.

Mike
Old Jul 13, 2006, 11:36 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Well definitely not on regular Delta (as your subject line seems to ask). I would be suspicious of and AS codeshare on Delta metal, but i can't find text to back up my suspicions. Certainly any AA codeshare on anyone...but once you're one level removed....I'm not sure.

Cheers.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 11:47 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Uh, I don't think so

Earning AAdvantage Miles (on Alaska, on aa.com)

Earn a minimum of 500 AAdvantage miles each time you purchase and fly on a published eligible fare ticket on Alaska Airlines and Horizon Airlines. Qualifying mileage counts toward AAdvantage Executive Platinum®, AAdvantage Platinum®, and AAdvantage Gold® status and bonuses. To attain AAdvantage elite status, member must fly on at least four American Airlines or American Eagle flights within the qualifying year. Cooperative service flights operated by carriers other than American Airlines may not be eligible for mileage accrual.

I'd have to read that to believe AS codeshares on AA are OK, but not on DL or anyone else.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 11:51 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I read that too, but may means all bets are off for a definitive answer.

Cheers.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by brp
I read that too, but may means all bets are off for a definitive answer.
I'm standing by my post as the correct answer on this one. (Trust me, I know.)

Mike
Old Jul 13, 2006, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by nako
I'm standing by my post as the correct answer on this one.
I support the accuracy of your post, and also know it is the right answer. But I am sure we will see a reply next week that says he got credit.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 12:19 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Island
I support the accuracy of your post, and also know it is the right answer. But I am sure we will see a reply next week that says he got credit.
Not too likely. This is not the kind of thing that AA slips up on. And I'm in complete agreement with nako, as I posted above...just commenting that the wording on AA.com is, as usual, less than definitive.

Cheers.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 12:22 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I tried it before: DL metal, but AS flight number. Can you earn AA miles?

Nope. Not a chance.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 12:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by brp
Not too likely. This is not the kind of thing that AA slips up on..
If Island says otherwise, I'm willing to bet you're wrong.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 12:25 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JonNYC
If Island says otherwise, I'm willing to bet you're wrong.
Nah. I'm still going to disagree that AA is going to accidentally post miles for the AS flight on DL metal. This despite the fact that I trust you

Cheers.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 12:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by brp
Nah. I'm still going to disagree that AA is going to accidentally post miles for the AS flight on DL metal. This despite the fact that I trust you
Wanna' make it "interesting"?
Old Jul 13, 2006, 12:29 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JonNYC
Wanna' make it "interesting"?
You know...I'll bet you know someone who can arrange to have these miles post...not taking a sucker bet. Besides, the last visit to Otto was interesting enough...what I remember of it...

Cheers.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 12:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by brp
You know...I'll bet you know someone who can arrange to have these miles post...not taking a sucker bet.
!! There goes that plan.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 1:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Come on guys... this one is very simple... You can NOT fly on Delta metal and earn AA miles, no matter WHO the flight is coded to. Delta handles all the boarding pass info. Delta does NOT pass boarding pass info to AA. And if they did, AA wouldn't take it (or pay for the miles).

This is a cold, hard, NO. Not going to happen.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by brp
You know...I'll bet you know someone who can arrange to have these miles post...
Cheers.
JONNYC is probably on the board and can get anything posted he needs, so that is a good bet to skip. By definition there are lines of code to keep this from happening (not JONNYC from posting), but I got to believe someone would slip up and make a posting and not notice the "Marketed by AS - Operated by DL' off to the side. The strange AA flight number would also be a clue not to do it. I would like to think it can't be done, but I'll remain uncommitted on it. I would agree that it would not post in the normal system processing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.