Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

PHL / Philadelphia Admirals Club (landside location CLOSED Sep 2011) (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PHL / Philadelphia Admirals Club (landside location CLOSED Sep 2011) (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2006, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond

For you PHL folk, I have a rare flight with US Air this weekend, connecting in PHL. I have 2 hours in between so I figure I'll check out the PHL AC. I arrive/depart in Terminal F, so a walk to Terminal A will be in store. I see AC is outside security. Looks like a long walk, but I should have enough time to make the journey and get some work done in the AC, right? Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR'S NOTE

As of Sep 29, 2011, the PHL Admirals Club has moved to a temporary location with the BA Club in Terminal A, inside security:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ep-2011-a.html

Note that the PHL Admirals Club is landside, outside of security.

For a related thread on the airside BA Galleries Lounge, see:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

dstan
AA Forum Co-Moderator

Last edited by dstan; Apr 25, 2012 at 2:37 pm
Old Jun 14, 2006, 11:02 am

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Nice smaller club .. used to have GREAT AAngels but that may be more week-day staff. Weekend should be much more quiet.

It is a long walk but better than sitting at a gate looking at the 'common' people.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 11:08 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
You can reduce your walk time by taking the shuttle from Terminal F to Terminal C and then walking the rest of the way to A.

The PHL AC is nice and the staff is indeed very friendly. The lines by the "security" checkpoint near the AC usually aren't too long.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by Spiff
The lines by the "security" checkpoint near the AC usually aren't too long.
I've seen the lines at the Terminal A checkpoint stretch well into the walkway that leads to the parking garage. But I suspect that's not normally the case on weekends. In any event, I think at PHL one can use any of the checkpoints since, once inside security, you can walk to any terminal.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by Blumie
I've seen the lines at the Terminal A checkpoint stretch well into the walkway that leads to the parking garage. But I suspect that's not normally the case on weekends. In any event, I think at PHL one can use any of the checkpoints since, once inside security, you can walk to any terminal.
Except Terminal E. It is not connected airside.

One can walk among A-D and shuttle to F.

E is the odd terminal out.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick feedback. Looks like it'd be worth the trip to A. Then I can just find the security checkpoint with the "least" traffic (outside of term E) on my way back to F.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, PriorityClub Platinum
Originally Posted by Abidjan
For you PHL folk, I have a rare flight with US Air this weekend, connecting in PHL. I have 2 hours in between so I figure I'll check out the PHL AC. I arrive/depart in Terminal F, so a walk to Terminal A will be in store. I see AC is outside security. Looks like a long walk, but I should have enough time to make the journey and get some work done in the AC, right? Thanks.
To follow up on what some others have said, every time I've been at the AC in PHL, the attendants have stamped something on my BP to get me to the head of the line, and in one case, actually walked out with me and got me to the head of the queue.

As a separate note, I think the biggest thing I miss post 9/11 is the ability to check in at an AC instead of outside at the ticket counter or machine. (Yes, I know about OLC...)
Old Jun 14, 2006, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by sculler1x
the biggest thing I miss post 9/11 is the ability to check in at an AC instead of outside at the ticket counter or machine. (Yes, I know about OLC...)
In this case (PHL), you still can check in at the AC.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, PriorityClub Platinum
Originally Posted by Spiff
In this case (PHL), you still can check in at the AC.
Ummm..right. That's kind of what I was implying....
Old Jun 14, 2006, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, working my way back up to AS and Marriott elite status post-baby!
Last time I was in there, the agent insisted that I couldn't upgrade my flight using an eVIP, as there was one F seat but no A seats available. (No, I'm not normally in the habit of burning eVIPs on domestic flights, but it was 2/27 and it was about to expire.) A quick check of ExpertFlyer and a quick call to the EXP desk, and I had my upgraded seat. So much for the "AAngels."

PHL used to be good about having a priority security lane, but on my trips through this year, it's been very hit or miss. Definitely allow time to clear security, as lines can be bad, even on relatively random days.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 4:10 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I, for one, am not a fan of the PHL Club and I think it's the worst of the Domestic Clubs (though still far better than a gate). I felt the seating was old and the lighting poor when I was there, the bathrooms weren't very good, the bar tender was extremly rude and kept running off from time to time and the views were of the SEPTA Station. Here's a picture below:

Old Jun 14, 2006, 4:44 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
At most clubs (I do not know about PHL for certain) the bartender staff, the cleaning staff and the wait staff (the ones trolling to bring you a drink) are NOT American Airlines employees. They used to be (MANY years ago) but are now 'supplied' to the clubs by the company that runs various other concessions at the airport. I know at ORD that many of the food vendors have staff from this company (it was at one time Marriott AirHost) .. so that is why the McDonalds staff are all pretty much the same (yea MDs may have 'managers' there .. but the staff is vendor supplied).
Old Jun 14, 2006, 5:53 pm

Phl Ac

Originally Posted by Abidjan
As a regular out-of-town visitor I would say that while the PHL club is small and not fancy, the staff have always been top notch. Trish has help me out of many a weather or mechanical mess - even on Thanksgiving Sunday when the next to last flight was cancelled and everything else seemed booked!

Last edited by dstan; Jul 31, 2009 at 6:14 pm Reason: fixed broken quote
Old Jun 17, 2006, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Just want to thank everyone again for the PHL feedback. Took the shuttle from F10 to A (Gate A1), then a quick walk out of the secured area to the AC. It was small, but fine. I was one of the 3 people. AAngel was nice, rolling her eyes when I mentioned I was flying US. Took about 30 mins to go back through security and hop the shuttle back to F for my connecting flight. Thanks again.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 6:45 am

PHL AC outside security?

As I was leaving the terminal in PHL the other day I passed the Admirals Club and it appears to be outside the security area.

Is there and entrance/exit that is after the TSA check? I'd hate to be lounging around and then have to hit the security line.

Thanks,

Bill

PS I'll be on flight 1265 PHL -> DFW on 4/19, so if anyone spots my glow in the dark FlyerTalk bag tags in PHL (7:32am) or DFW (10:00am), I'll guest you into the club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.