Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Whats up with AAs in flight movie selection lately?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2024, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Has anyone else noticed that AAs seatback movie selection has been very subpar lately? Lots of critically acclaimed stuff that most other airlines seem to have right now (Past Lives, The Iron Claw, Across the Spiderverse, Dream Scenario, The Teachers Lounge to name a few) are missing. Instead there seem to be lots of movies Ive never heard of that dont clear 50% on Rotten Tomatoes (if they even have an entry there at all). I struggled to find two things I hadnt already seen that seemed worth watching on my recent LHR-JFK flight.

is this some sort of cost cutting thing? Does it really save money to not include certain in-demand releases on the system?

Last edited by danwer930; May 17, 2024 at 4:34 pm Reason: Grammar
Old May 17, 2024, 5:32 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by danwer930
is this some sort of cost cutting thing? Does it really save money to not include certain in-demand releases on the system?
These days, nothing AA potentially does in the name of cost cutting surprises me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.