Wiki Posts
Search

Rant : Mileage Award Not Clearing

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2024, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Platinum Pro. .Hilton Honors Gold,
Rant : Mileage Award Not Clearing

I’m waitlisted on JFK GRU this Tuesday. Two days ago there were 7 seats in J. Yesterday there were 9 seats in J. Today there are 11 seats in J. I called the Aadvantage desk twice to ask if they could clear my upgrade and the response both times was we don’t control “the system.”

Last week on the same flight there were about 9 seats in J for the entire week and the upgrade app offer for Y to J was $3662. My mileage award cleared after Checkin about T-20hrs. It was a mostly full flight and there were about 7 empty seats in J filled by non revs (glad for the employees).

Maybe this particular sector gets last minute full fare purchases in J on occasion. Global financial hub to global financial hub. Maybe I’m the one causing the app algorithm glitch by checking every few hrs instead of just daily. Maybe LATAM sends passengers over during IROPS.
Old May 4, 2024, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
This really isn't anything new, on a lot of longhaul routes AA doesn't open upgrade space until about 24-36 hrs before the flight regardless of how empty or full business may be. Been this way for years and nothing unique to JFK-GRU. Not much you can do other than wait it out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.