Search

The little things

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2024, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
The little things

Waiting to board a JFK-DFW flight, watching the inbound aircraft arrive at Gate 38. It made me so happy to see that the very instant the aircraft stopped moving, the jet bridge started to move and was quickly put into position.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Blumie
Waiting to board a JFK-DFW flight, watching the inbound aircraft arrive at Gate 38. It made me so happy to see that the very instant the aircraft stopped moving, the jet bridge started to move and was quickly put into position.
Now if you get a smile from the FA's you might have a good flight
MrSpicoli likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lonedaddy
Now if you get a smile from the FA's you might have a good flight
Whether or not the FA smiles at me will have a minimal impact on the quality of my flight. Close the door on time (or early), push back from the gate and take off promptly, arrive on time (or early), and position the jet bridge and open the door immediately upon our arrival. That’s all I really need. Anything else — a smile, a PDB, an edible snack, working wifi — is a bonus.
bse118, FAA1996, GNRMatt and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 12:39 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by Blumie
Whether or not the FA smiles at me will have a minimal impact on the quality of my flight. Close the door on time (or early), push back from the gate and take off promptly, arrive on time (or early), and position the jet bridge and open the door immediately upon our arrival. That’s all I really need. Anything else — a smile, a PDB, an edible snack, working wifi — is a bonus.
I agree that it's a great feeling! But until we are actually in the air, there is always something in the back of my mind that something will happen to cancel/delay us.
HGH and apeortdz like this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
Anecdotally I’ve found AA to be good at moving the jetway in quickly. UA on the other hand…
Old Apr 18, 2024, 1:26 pm

And actually having a gate, dl it is always good news is we have arrived early bad news our gate is occupied so we will just sit here for the next hour, aa our gate is occupied but we are on with operations and my co pilot is now telling me we have a new gate …..
Old Apr 18, 2024, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tennessetom
And actually having a gate, dl it is always good news is we have arrived early bad news our gate is occupied so we will just sit here for the next hour, aa our gate is occupied but we are on with operations and my co pilot is now telling me we have a new gate …..
Arrived 25+ minutes early AND had a gate! And, as a bonus, I had a nice conversation with the FA. She complimented me on my jacket, and I directed her to the store in London where I bought it.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by GNRMatt
I agree that it's a great feeling! But until we are actually in the air, there is always something in the back of my mind that something will happen to cancel/delay us.
Like arriving early and then having to wait for an open gate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.