Wiki Posts
Search

Losing AA status before flight

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2024, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Losing AA status before flight

Losing AA elite status before flight on award ticket. Will AA reassign my MCE seats ? Will I get to keep my baggage allowance?

Official policy seems to be that baggage allowance is determined by the higher of status at booking or check-in - any recent data points?

Re seats - seems to be all over the place. Any recent experiences?
Old Mar 24, 2024, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
You will not lose your MCE seats unless there is a schedule change or some type of irrops that cause an equipment change and the seatmaps to get shuffled. The baggage is spelled out at aa.com, the higher allowance applies.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 10:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP. HH DIAMOND.
AA IT seems to have gotten smarter. Booking a flight for someone who didn't re.qualify gold, meaning they lose status on 3/31. DEP Apr 10 and the Orange seats showed a price.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by nismo240ssx
AA IT seems to have gotten smarter. Booking a flight for someone who didn't re.qualify gold, meaning they lose status on 3/31. DEP Apr 10 and the Orange seats showed a price.
Orange MCE seats have always showed a price for an AA Gold. Gold's don't get free MCE seats until 24 hours before departure. So that's nothing new.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.