Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Promotion and Mileage Strategies generally

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2024, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN, DL, AA; Hyatt or Wyndham

I just got up to redeemable level (60k miles) and coincidentally I have received recent AA emails about mileage redemption promotion, "as low as 5,000 one way", ending tomorrow.

Neither on that promotion page, nor on aa.com generally, can I find what I really want: an awards calendar based on mileage. From STL. To find out where can I go for those 5,000 one way fares (or 10k or 15k), and on what days? Instead, it makes you start in reverse (put in the destination & date), then it tells you mileage required.

Even without the promotion, I would want it the other way around -- give me some destination/date choices arranged low to high in mileage cost, then I will choose. I don't know the destination or date independent of knowing the mileage required.

Any way to attack a search in the way I want?
mikeFT likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
I don't know how to search the way you want to, but from STL, I am seeing 5K one-way redemptions to places like NYC, LAX, CUN, and EYW on select Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976
I don't know how to search the way you want to, but from STL, I am seeing 5K one-way redemptions to places like NYC, LAX, CUN, and EYW on select Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays.

Good start. How are you seeing those? Did you just type in the city pairs STL-NYC, STL-LAX, STL-CUN, STL-EYW? I can do that but it's the hard bangy way to mash this out.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 4:49 pm

I haven't used this in a long time, so not sure how functional it still is. So long, that being frank, quite surprised I found the bookmark, and it links to a page that still looks valid. I'd forgotten all about it, until the OP's post jogged my memory. It was a handy little tool, when it worked.

American Airlines Award Map (aa.com)

You will still have to search by date and origination airport as the default. However, you can set the max miles you want to use. The tool will return routes available within those parameters.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Delta Hog
Any way to attack a search in the way I want?
AA does have a searchable award map: https://www.aa.com/awardMap/home.do

It’s one of those things they don’t want people to know about.

Edit: Missed the post above…

Last edited by CMTinPHL; Mar 14, 2024 at 4:58 pm Reason: Added info about previous post.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Delta Hog
Good start. How are you seeing those? Did you just type in the city pairs STL-NYC, STL-LAX, STL-CUN, STL-EYW?
Yep.

I just picked some popular destinations, and did a search. But the award-map option sounds promising too.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 8:18 pm

https://www.aa.com/en-us/spring-deals

Go to the bottom of the page, type in STL as the from airport, you can leave the destination empty. It will show results with dates.

I see Miami, LA, Tampa, Dallas, Key West and more.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cmtlatitudes
I haven't used this in a long time, so not sure how functional it still is. So long, that being frank, quite surprised I found the bookmark, and it links to a page that still looks valid. I'd forgotten all about it, until the OP's post jogged my memory. It was a handy little tool, when it worked.

American Airlines Award Map (aa.com)

You will still have to search by date and origination airport as the default. However, you can set the max miles you want to use. The tool will return routes available within those parameters.

This is it. Thanks you & CMT.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by CMTinPHL
AA does have a searchable award map: https://www.aa.com/awardMap/home.do

It’s one of those things they don’t want people to know about.

Edit: Missed the post above…
THANK YOU! I forgot this still existed/functional

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.