Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA SVP accused cabin crew of not doing service, cabin crew calls him out

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2024, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND

American’s Senior Vice President of Inflight/Premium Services, Brady Byrnes, has been accused of lying after apparently he reported the cabin crew on his DFW-DEN of allegedly not providing service.

Whilst I'd like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, the reality is that the ghastly relationships between AA's unions and senior corporate executives continue to deteriorate and frankly, I have very little faith in AA's management in general as most of them seem to lack basic leadership skills.

Thoughts?
Old Mar 9, 2024, 5:33 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Obviously, I don’t know what happened on the specific flight, but I do know that Service levels are definitely deteriorating on average
Markie, dw, Spiff and 15 others like this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by donotblink
Obviously, I don’t know what happened on the specific flight, but I do know that Service levels are definitely deteriorating on average
Agree, I mean, on my last flight to LHR, the cabin crew refused to serve breakfast or secondary rounds of beverages in J even when there was barely any turbulence, but in this case, seems like the flight attendants have specific information about the items that they actually served to the AA's SVP and his family.
clbish, oopsz and FAA1996 like this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Given that AA cabin crew continue to set new lows in terms of job performance, why would you need to make something up? Just wait for the next flight when you'll more than likely get a 3 minute long Barclay's pitch instead of service.

Either this guy is a total moron or there is more to the story than claimed.
Markie, dw, Spiff and 10 others like this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 6:29 pm
Formally known as reinmedia

Programs: AA EXP | EX UA 1K | Marriot Titanium
Well played on the "drAAmAA"!

I'm always surprised when a crew gives any sort of effort at this point, so I have low expectations going into every flight. If they do go above and beyond, I will write in and share on socials. I wouldn't be surprised if there is some version of truth to what Brady claims, but at the end of the day... they work for the same airline so I find the airing of the "dirty laundry" fascinating.
fly747first and jackonferry like this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by reinmedia
Well played on the "drAAmAA"!

I'm always surprised when a crew gives any sort of effort at this point, so I have low expectations going into every flight. If they do go above and beyond, I will write in and share on socials. I wouldn't be surprised if there is some version of truth to what Brady claims, but at the end of the day... they work for the same airline so I find the airing of the "dirty laundry" fascinating.
But also possible that the guy has a big ego, yet zero leadership skills lol like the rest of AA's management who claim they are amazing leaders and they keep underperforming ... haha

Specifically, Mr. Byrnes claims he is "highly creative" and somehow, AA keeps serving the same exact meals in F and J that they have had for years and even low-cost airlines have more food for purchase options onboard. I would image those are basic items that the SVP of Inflight Services shouldn't struggle with.

dw, skylady, bchandler02 and 5 others like this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 7:22 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Probably more to the story….Perhaps they served, but not up to the standards of AA??

Regardless, it’s a blue falcon move to not address it with the crew directly and debrief of what could be done better; and use internal emails to complain after the fact.

It’s funny how we view things….The Delta board will praise this guy as a hero since “Turblence related- no service flights” are being complained about there.

At the end, it’s a non event that should be managed internally and not be aired out by either parties involved. So an unprofessional move by the FA to reach out to social media. Unprofessional for the SVP to not address it directly after the flight.

Both are at fault for failure to communicate professionally. Both get time outs and no trophy’s. Hope both learn. If not, they should move to a different organization…etc etc…

Time to shake hands, be grown ups, and move on.
fly747first, bgasser, gmt4 and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I did more research into this and Brady Byrnes is the same executive who was given a vote of no confidence by the flight attendant union back in October 2023 after he refused to change the Marriott hotel where an American Airlines 66-year old flight attendant was found murdered. The union attempted to deliver the vote of no confidence letter to Clown Isom first but since he refused to see them, they somehow managed to find Brady Byrnes at AA's headquarters. What a typical AAppAAlling situation. At this point, seems like AA has executive abominations who couldn't lead an army of ants out of a paper bag.
oopsz, SFO777 and hhdl like this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by fly747first
But also possible that the guy has a big ego, yet zero leadership skills lol like the rest of AA's management who claim they are amazing leaders and they keep underperforming ... haha

Specifically, Mr. Byrnes claims he is "highly creative" and somehow, AA keeps serving the same exact meals in F and J that they have had for years and even low-cost airlines have more food for purchase options onboard. I would image those are basic items that the SVP of Inflight Services shouldn't struggle with.

Why AA can’t have a decent selection of BOB is utterly ridiculous. Pringles, almonds, cheese box… that’s it.
enviroian and fly747first like this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
This smells genuine to me based on the details in the FAs' response. This guy's LinkedIn profile also suggests he's a piece of work, and the type to deliver feedback in such a cowardly way. I have to say I have had good service on all my AA flights in recent months. IME if the FAs know there will be turbulence issues they always do a round of drinks on the ground. To be fair, I have not flown in coach in at least a year except for a handful of flights between AUS and DFW, where AA management has decided there will be no service. (Not that they can't do one. They used to do a full drinks service on that route.)
fly747first and hhdl like this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stripe
This smells genuine to me based on the details in the FAs' response. This guy's LinkedIn profile also suggests he's a piece of work, and the type to deliver feedback in such a cowardly way. I have to say I have had good service on all my AA flights in recent months. IME if the FAs know there will be turbulence issues they always do a round of drinks on the ground. To be fair, I have not flown in coach in at least a year except for a handful of flights between AUS and DFW, where AA management has decided there will be no service. (Not that they can't do one. They used to do a full drinks service on that route.)
You nailed it. A decent leader would have requested a meeting with the crew instead of writing them up behind their backs, and mind you this guy is the SVP of Inflight Services and should set better examples.

Originally Posted by CMTinPHL
Why AA can’t have a decent selection of BOB is utterly ridiculous. Pringles, almonds, cheese box… that’s it.
My guess is because AA's executives spend more time glorifying their Linkedin profiles than actually doing their jobs. When smaller airlines like Air Europa can manage to have a vastly superior selection of food for purchase (including hot items), yet AA can't... you know we are dealing with a delicacy of highly pAArAAsitic and incompetent executive AAbominations.
SW7London, skylady, SFO777 and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Used to be you picked up a broom when the boss was visiting
Old Mar 9, 2024, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Did this crew not know that the proper way to (not) serve their executives is to dump the tray full of drinks into their lap?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/flight-...maddie-peters/
Old Mar 10, 2024, 8:06 am

Programs: AA, Hertz, Hyatt, Hilton
Not sure why anyone thinks the executive would need to fabricate this. I'm guessing "where there's smoke, there's fire."
GaryZ and gmt4 like this.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
I find it amusing the flight attendant leaned on social media for her grievance vs privately with HR. That's called having a union. If she were non union I can assured you she would never have posted this or she would be terminated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.