Wiki Posts
Search

AA J Ticket on Air Tahiti Nui

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2024, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plt , Marriott Ambassador
AA J Ticket on Air Tahiti Nui

Has anyone had experience getting into the Star Alliance Lounge when flying J on an AA codeshare from LAX-PPT with Air Tahiti Nui? Wife and I have a six our layover in LAX in a couple weeks and assuming AA issues our TN boarding pass at our origin we would like to go straight to the Star Alliance Lounge that TN uses at LAX over at TBIT, however, I remember reading somewhere that TN issues a pass for individuals checking in at LAX (which we won't be doing) and that's required to get into the Star Alliance Lounge. Obviously going to walk over and try regardless unless people on here say otherwise, but not going to be entirely thrilled if we ahave to exit security when TN's check-in opens just to get a lounge pass when we already have our boarding pass.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 10:51 am

Programs: Some more than others
Are you actually booked on the AA-codeshare or are you on the TN prime flight number? There are reports over the years that TN refuses to provide lounge access to J customers booked on AA-marketed TN-operated flights.

They also make a vague reference to this on their LAX page that "For American Airlines passengers, please contact American Airlines for more information on lounges."
Old Mar 9, 2024, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SCChris
Are you actually booked on the AA-codeshare or are you on the TN prime flight number? There are reports over the years that TN refuses to provide lounge access to J customers booked on AA-marketed TN-operated flights.

They also make a vague reference to this on their LAX page that "For American Airlines passengers, please contact American Airlines for more information on lounges."
It’s the AA codeshare. I saw the contact AA part but we all know that’s useless.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 3:37 pm
S80

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by umaa83
Has anyone had experience getting into the Star Alliance Lounge when flying J on an AA codeshare from LAX-PPT with Air Tahiti Nui? Wife and I have a six our layover in LAX in a couple weeks and assuming AA issues our TN boarding pass at our origin we would like to go straight to the Star Alliance Lounge that TN uses at LAX over at TBIT, however, I remember reading somewhere that TN issues a pass for individuals checking in at LAX (which we won't be doing) and that's required to get into the Star Alliance Lounge. Obviously going to walk over and try regardless unless people on here say otherwise, but not going to be entirely thrilled if we ahave to exit security when TN's check-in opens just to get a lounge pass when we already have our boarding pass.
I would pick the Flagship lounge over the *A business lounge IMO.
TWA884 likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by S80
I would pick the Flagship lounge over the *A business lounge IMO.
Ditto. I would also pick the FL over the OW J lounge - but that is not an issue for OP.
Antarius likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

We don't have access to the flagship lounge as it's not a OW operated flight. We can sit in the LAX AC for a period of time which is fine, but would just prefer to move to the Star Alliance Lounge that TN uses assuming we can with just our AA boarding pass. Just don't want to walk over to TBIT and get denied entry because we don't have this "lounge pass" and then either walk back to the AA AC until TN checkin opens or figure out a restaurant to sit in.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Go to the AC and ask an agent to call the Star lounge to see if you can access it
jackonferry likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SFO_FT
Go to the AC and ask an agent to call the Star lounge to see if you can access it
That's a good idea and will probably go that route.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 7:19 pm

I thought TN was an associate member of OW?
Old Mar 9, 2024, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jmj9905
I thought TN was an associate member of OW?
Unfortunately they aren’t. Fiji Airways is a oneworld connect partner though.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 12:52 am

Programs: AA EXP / Marriott AMB & LT Titanium
It’s the AA codeshare. I saw the contact AA part but we all know that’s useless.
Multiple times I have been denied access on an AA codeshare revenue ticket however husband was granted access on an AA award ticket that had a TN prime flight number.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FrontOfTheCurtain
Multiple times I have been denied access on an AA codeshare revenue ticket however husband was granted access on an AA award ticket that had a TN prime flight number.
I've seen reviews stating this but they were all from several years ago, but of course noticed this after booking. There were be a small scene caused if this happens as no where on Air Tahiti or AA's website does it state AA codeshare flights are excluded from accessing TN lounges, just "contact AA for lounge access" on the TN website which is of zero help of course.

Or we could just do what my wife wants to do which is take an UBER to the IN & OUT and sit at the park for several hours, however, I'm trying to avoid the scrum that is airside LAX lol. I believe Uber Black does curbside pickup at LAX to avoid the crowds for LAX-IT so that might be the least painful option. Now for someone to tell me Uber Black no longer does LAX curbside pickup haha.

Last edited by umaa83; Mar 10, 2024 at 8:01 am
Old Mar 10, 2024, 9:47 am

Programs: AA EXP
I've seen reviews stating this but they were all from several years ago, but of course noticed this after booking. There were be a small scene caused if this happens as no where on Air Tahiti or AA's website does it state AA codeshare flights are excluded from accessing TN lounges, just "contact AA for lounge access" on the TN website which is of zero help of course.

Or we could just do what my wife wants to do which is take an UBER to the IN & OUT and sit at the park for several hours, however, I'm trying to avoid the scrum that is airside LAX lol. I believe Uber Black does curbside pickup at LAX to avoid the crowds for LAX-IT so that might be the least painful option. Now for someone to tell me Uber Black no longer does LAX curbside pickup haha.
If you don't need to haul luggage, you could walk to either LAX-it or the In-n-Out directly. It's not scenic but not far either.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 10:58 am
S80

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Is your wife is single? That sounds like a better idea than sitting in a lounge all day.

LAX is a bit of a mess curbside with all the construction, the LAX it buses are extremely frequent. I know at ORD Uber Black haven't yet been booted from T5 like everyone else, and according to Uber's site they still pick up from the curb at LAX too.
umaa83 likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 1:53 pm
Formally known as reinmedia

Programs: AA EXP | EX UA 1K | Marriot Titanium

Uber Black will pick up curbside at LAX, although I've had several cancel when they find out where I'm going (I live in El Segundo right next to the airport). In-and-out is walkable if you don't want to deal with traffic at LAX and would take about 20 min from TBIT. Not sure if you have the Platinum Amex, but the Centurion Lounge is another option at TBIT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.