Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business / Personal option

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2024, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta , Hilton
When did the option to select business or personal on international flights change? I don’t understand why they were doing that, and what’s the difference it would make

Last edited by JY1024; Feb 11, 2024 at 5:23 pm Reason: Merged consecutive posts
Old Feb 11, 2024, 8:15 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Seggie
When did the option to select business or personal on international flights change? I don’t understand why they were doing that, and what’s the difference it would make
When I select Business, it automatically syncs to my employer's Concur instance. When I select Personal, it doesn't.
AAway and _kurt like this.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 10:24 am

annoying. none of their business.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA, but I play the field
I don't see that option when I log in. I'm guessing it may only appear if you have an AAdvantage Business Card or your business has a corporate discount?
_kurt and bbriscoe34 like this.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ZenFlyer
I don't see that option when I log in. I'm guessing it may only appear if you have an AAdvantage Business Card or your business has a corporate discount?
For me, it started showing up when I linked Concur with AA by enabling e-receipts. It didn't show up before that. We don't have a corporate discount.

Originally Posted by allergictocoach
annoying. none of their business.
In my experience, it only shows up when the user takes a step to make it show up -- that is, by linking it to Concur. It makes sense as I don't want personal trips to sync to Concur, only those I make for business.
Antarius, JJeffrey and ZenFlyer like this.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
In my experience, it only shows up when the user takes a step to make it show up -- that is, by linking it to Concur. It makes sense as I don't want personal trips to sync to Concur, only those I make for business.
Nice. Definitely makes it easier - I have this sort of set up on Uber/Lyft and other apps.

I use Expensify for my company and it looks like the new AA business syncs with that too.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
AS/WN asks this too, but on the final payment page.

For those, I have a feeling it’s just for surveying purposes rather than any functional difference.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Seggie

This is the option that shows up once you're registered in the new Aadvantage Business program (successor to Business Extra). I imagine your company sent you a link that you would have filled out, that's how we did it. That's why the option is there.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 7:19 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Idk about anyone else but I hate not having one or the other auto selected and needing to pick each time. I’d like it to default to business. I find it slows me down since registering for the AAdvantage business program.
PowerLu, beachfan, joeyE and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by donotblink
Idk about anyone else but I hate not having one or the other auto selected and needing to pick each time. I’d like it to default to business. I find it slows me down since registering for the AAdvantage business program.
Agreed. It should be something that either retains last choice or better, is part of user preferences.

That said, it is better than nothing. Having the ability to sync to management tools is great.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by Antarius
Nice. Definitely makes it easier - I have this sort of set up on Uber/Lyft and other apps.

I use Expensify for my company and it looks like the new AA business syncs with that too.

Would not mind if I actually had a choice and set it up. I have an AA business card that I rarely use so that must be the trigger. I rarely fly AA for business so having to monitor this entry element when I'm searching for miles tickets isn't helpful....and it's still None of day bizness.
DASRTR and bgasser like this.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 10:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Yeah, it shows up when your account is enrolled in the new AA Business program. My company just set theirs up and enrolled me, and I noticed the change almost immediately.

I just wish I could go back to trips already booked (but not yet flown) and change them to Biz trips so I can get the extra 1 LP per $1 on those. Oh well.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM HHonors Diamond
I observe the warning to use one's business email address when flying for business. I want all my reservations, personal and work, in one place, so I have not been changing my email. I wonder whether I and my business will get credit nonetheless.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 12:51 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum
New email

Received an email today and it appears there are some changes for people using the Business Credit Card.
"You will continue to earn AAdvantage® miles for your business on eligible purchases with your CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® card. Beginning in April, these miles will be accrued in your new AAdvantage Business™ account.

The Loyalty Points earned through purchases made on the business card will go to the individual cardmember(s). Remember, purchases made by your cardmembers also count toward earning your company more AAdvantage® miles for rewards.

Your AAdvantage Business™ profile has already been set up for you. Your new account information will be provided to you in a separate email later today. Once you receive the email, please log in to complete your profile and begin adding your travelers to start earning additional miles for business travel.

In the meantime, you can visit aa.com/aadvantagebusiness to learn more about the benefits of the program.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 2:18 pm

Programs: delta pm, aa exp, hilton diamond
I booked a flight and selected business. I then had to call the exp line for help in making a change and was told if you book it as a business customer exp service can not help you. I was told they only way you can make a change is through the app or online. Has any one else had this problem?

Last edited by Traveling Salesman; Feb 21, 2024 at 5:42 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.