Wiki Posts
Search

Meal Request Applet is Screwed Up

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2024, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; SQ Gold; Hyatt Globalist
Meal Request Applet is Screwed Up

This is what I see when I go to request a meal for a flight next week out of PHX. Maybe they're all blank because AA doesn't actually "have" premium dining (i.e., there's nothing premium about it)? Anybody seeing this problem?

Old Feb 8, 2024, 7:18 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Try on different device or browser? I just ordered meals on a PHL-LAS trip coming up within 30 days.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 6:06 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by npretnar
This is what I see when I go to request a meal for a flight next week out of PHX. Maybe they're all blank because AA doesn't actually "have" premium dining (i.e., there's nothing premium about it)? Anybody seeing this problem?

Mine was doing that on both the phone app and website yesterday, but after reloading a few times it worked on both devices.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; SQ Gold; Hyatt Globalist
I had to call the EP line for another matter, but I asked the agent to request my meals for me. Old school …

AA is really a hot mess right now. Between the FA union, management, and the (lack of) long term strategy planning, the company’s service culture is in the gutter. Re: service and long term strategy planning, is what you get when you have a bunch of accountants running things. They could at least empower (or hire?) some marketing people to clean up their customer service strategy. It would likely have a positive revenue effect over the long run. But AA doesn’t think about things in the long run (hence lack of coherent strategy).
Old Feb 9, 2024, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott LT Plat | Hyatt Discoverist
I had to call the EP line for another matter, but I asked the agent to request my meals for me. Old school …

AA is really a hot mess right now. Between the FA union, management, and the (lack of) long term strategy planning, the company’s service culture is in the gutter. Re: service and long term strategy planning, is what you get when you have a bunch of accountants running things. They could at least empower (or hire?) some marketing people to clean up their customer service strategy. It would likely have a positive revenue effect over the long run. But AA doesn’t think about things in the long run (hence lack of coherent strategy).
They need a visionary, not just a seat warmer like almost everyone since Crandall.

Alan Joyce is available. While not perfect, he might be the right type of person to go knives out at the clown show groups that run amok at AA.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 11:15 pm
pH

Programs: AA EXP
Interesting. Do you normally see a window/applet (as above) with pictures and meal options?

Mine has always been a simple drop down list both on the website and app. No pictures or "boxes" to choose from.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 10:22 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by pH
Interesting. Do you normally see a window/applet (as above) with pictures and meal options?

Mine has always been a simple drop down list both on the website and app. No pictures or "boxes" to choose from.
No, there are no pictures. That new version is just a redesign of the list of options in tiles. It has the name and description only.

It looks like the two versions are accessed differently. The old version comes up if you have the separate Reserve a Meal section. The new tile version comes up if meals are listed under Passenger section.

Tile version

List version
pH likes this.

Last edited by skunker; Feb 10, 2024 at 10:29 am
Old Feb 10, 2024, 11:06 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Well, the website allows me to see the meal choices for a flight where SWU is waitlisted. So that's a feature, not a bug.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 12:58 pm

Programs: Some more than others
Originally Posted by Antarius
They need a visionary, not just a seat warmer like almost everyone since Crandall.

Alan Joyce is available. While not perfect, he might be the right type of person to go knives out at the clown show groups that run amok at AA.
Yes, Alan Joyce can bring over QF's renowned meal preordering system and international Wifi.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 2:58 pm

Programs: Walmart Super Elite
I saw what OP saw using Safari. Switched to Chrome and was able to see and select a choice (in other words, pick the least worst among the choices).
Old Feb 10, 2024, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott LT Plat | Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by SCChris
Yes, Alan Joyce can bring over QF's renowned meal preordering system and international Wifi.
The AA international Wifi is such absolute rubbish, its equivalent to not having any. I guess preordering is so important to you that it supersedes everything else?
Old Feb 10, 2024, 5:35 pm
Formally known as reinmedia

Programs: AA EXP | EX UA 1K | Marriot Titanium

This happened to me a few days ago and I fixed it by launching a private browser window. Most likely a cookie/cache issue.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
There's nothing wrong with it all. There's nothing showing. That's what they're serving.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.