Search

Does Aa have mainline service to CLE?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2024, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Does Aa have mainline service to CLE?

Flew this route this morning for the first time since 1998 when I used to live in Cleveland and was going to Chicago often to see someone I was dating. Anyway, it was a CR2 another lovely plane I honestly don't think I've been on for 15 years. Does AA not have mainline service to hopkins? When I lived in Cleveland late '90's UA flew a daily DC-10 there from ORD!
Old Feb 6, 2024, 2:43 pm
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by enviroian
Flew this route this morning for the first time since 1998 when I used to live in Cleveland and was going to Chicago often to see someone I was dating. Anyway, it was a CR2 another lovely plane I honestly don't think I've been on for 15 years. Does AA not have mainline service to hopkins? When I lived in Cleveland late '90's UA flew a daily DC-10 there from ORD!
From ORD they have CR2s, 170/175s, and 737s depending on the time. Some days have all 3. CLT can have 321s, but it's usually 737s or 320s, and I believe it's the same with DFW.

You also have an interesting take saying the CR2 is lovely, those are two things that I would never associate.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by S80
You also have an interesting take saying the CR2 is lovely, those are two things that I would never associate.
Sarcasm my friend.

wrp96 and SWCPHX like this.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
There are more AA CRJ-200 flights now out of ORD to other Midwest destinations than there used to be. Personally, while some air service is better than none, I can't stand these aircraft.

It's all part of the deal from a couple years ago when regional airline Air Wisconsin ended their agreement with UA and started a new partnership with AA.
enviroian and wrp96 like this.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 5:21 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Does AA not have mainline service to hopkins?!
After a quick Google flights search, I found the following:
* PHX-CLE: 1x daily, B737
* MIA-CLE: 1x daily, B737
* CLT-CLE: multiple daily, mix of aircraft
* DFW-CLE: multiple daily, mostly B737

ORD and PHL look to be all express service.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aztimm
And flying on another CR2 to PHL tomorrow morning. Yay. This plane is even worse than the 145.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 7:56 pm

Why would they it's, well, Cleveland?

And in the mid-90s, Cleveland actually had a more interesting group of HQs. Now, it's claim to fame is a slower declining STL, or they aspire to be Pittsburgh.
LovePrunes and hhdl like this.

Last edited by DataPlumber; Feb 6, 2024 at 8:03 pm
Old Feb 7, 2024, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by S80
Back in the days of the 500+ daily flight CVG and PIT hubs, one had nearly limitless "lovely" options to select from.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 5:29 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by aztimm
After a quick Google flights search, I found the following:
* PHX-CLE: 1x daily, B737
* MIA-CLE: 1x daily, B737
* CLT-CLE: multiple daily, mix of aircraft
* DFW-CLE: multiple daily, mostly B737

DCA is a mix of CR7s and E170/175s
LGA is all E175s
JFK is E170/175s

Correction to @aztimm. AA does fly A319s from PHL depending on some days.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 8:07 am

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
Originally Posted by xliioper
Back in the days of the 500+ daily flight CVG and PIT hubs, one had nearly limitless "lovely" options to select from.
That does bring up the one thing that I do sincerely miss about those CRJ2s. Frequency. I live in an outstation and all the airlines have gone from 4-5 flights throughout the day to either a single early morning mainline flight or one early morning and one late afternoon flight and in some cases have reduced the number of hubs they connect to. Not going to lie, I do actually miss them.
ashill likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 8:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta, Amtrak, Hertz PC
CLE will see the return of mainline to ORD with twice daily 737-800 service starting in April.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Walking the aisles of A and C is nostalgic for me. I remember walking down the hall here in late 1998 seeing a display set up for the new BusinessFirst seat for Continental Airlines and was so wow'd by it at the time (I had never flown anything but steerage up to that point).
Old Feb 7, 2024, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The irony about yesterday's CR2 trip was the lone flight attendant was top notch. He pushed his cart down the aisle with drinks and came back to everyone asking if they wanted anything else all within an hour and a bumpy ride to boot.

About to board a 145 to Philly. I thought initially it was a CR2 but I'm wrong. I think it's another skywest dba as AA eagle.
scoonee likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 9:51 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
I believe they have significantly more mainline service now than say 10 years ago.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 9:57 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
About to board a 145 to Philly. I thought initially it was a CR2 but I'm wrong. I think it's another skywest dba as AA eagle.
Likely operated by Piedmont (wholly owned AA carrier).
KBMIFlyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.