Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Timing of flight vs. status

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2024, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
Timing of flight vs. status

A question for the experts that I’ve never encountered before:

My wife will need the LP from her final flight to requalify for EXP. The flight’s second leg departs just before midnight on 2/29 and arrives on 3/1. Of course the timing of the LP posting will be after 2/29 but will it count towards 2024 status because she departed before the cutoff?

Thanks so much for the expertise of the group, as always.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 7:36 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MasterPlanner
My wife will need the LP from her final flight to requalify for EXP. The flight’s second leg departs just before midnight on 2/29 and arrives on 3/1. Of course the timing of the LP posting will be after 2/29 but will it count towards 2024 status because she departed before the cutoff?
If it's scheduled to depart before 11:59 p.m. on 2/29, then yes it will count towards 2024. Actual departure time doesn't matter. The risk of course is if the flight cancels and she gets rebooked for a flight on 3/1.

If you haven't already, I recommend double checking exactly how many LPs she'll earn if she's that close to 200K. I wouldn't assume without verifying that this final 2/29 flight will get her over 200K only to find out she might be a few short, a problem easily avoided with a simple AAdvantage eShopping or Dining purchase.
ZenFlyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.