Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Do credit card loyalty points post in the month earned?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2024, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, AA

I have an AA Barclays Silver card that closes each month on the 4th. The cutoff for mileage status for this year is February 29. Do the charges from this statement period (Feb 5 through March 4) ALL post to March on the AA account, or do the charges actually posted to my credit card in February actually post to my AA account for February? Trying to make the February 29 deadline and I'm doing the math.

Thanks for any clarification.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
If it's anything like last year, they'll figure out your spending for after Feb 4-29 and you'll get those LPs (not miles) posted to this earning year at some point in March. Miles will post as they usually do. No guarantees it's the same tho.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by snackyx
I have an AA Barclays Silver card that closes each month on the 4th. The cutoff for mileage status for this year is February 29. Do the charges from this statement period (Feb 5 through March 4) ALL post to March on the AA account, or do the charges actually posted to my credit card in February actually post to my AA account for February? Trying to make the February 29 deadline and I'm doing the math.

Thanks for any clarification.
I think this answers it:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35907311-post6.html
Old Jan 17, 2024, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, AA
That answers it...thanks!
notquiteaff likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.