Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Saudia ticket changed by AA - How bad is this? Is my ticket okay?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Saudia ticket changed by AA - How bad is this? Is my ticket okay?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2024, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Exclamation Saudia ticket changed by AA - How bad is this? Is my ticket okay?

Hello,

I'm trying to calm my parents down and figure out if they're going to be flying without any issues.

I originally booked them a flight to RUH with Saudia Airlines. Booked from their website, no issues RDU-JFK-RUH. Return: JED-JFK-RDU.

RDU-JFK with American Airlines

Last night the domestic flight got cancelled due to weather. We got an email from american airlines to call them to rebook the flight.

My parents called AA, they were rebooked, and that flight also got cancelled due to weather and now there isnt any connection flight that would get them to JFK on time to catch the JFK-RUH leg

So we decided to call Saudia to try and rebook them on a different flight the following day.

Saudia states American made changes on the ticket and they're now locked out of making any modifications. They ask us to call American to get it sorted.

Called AA again and after hours of being on the phone with them, They rerouted us and took blame for all the issues. The previous person they talked to from AA cancelled the domestic outbound and inbound legs and they had to redo the tickets

Now our booking shows the following in AA app:

Flight 1: JFK-RUH Flight 2: RDU-LHR-RUH Flight 3: JED-DOH-JFK-RDU

It says we're checked in for the first leg of RDU-LHR

Says to check-in on the BA website for the second leg but BA site keeps throwing errors at me.

For all these flights we have seats confirmed and ticket numbers. Everything says confirmed.

My concern is: My parents obviously wont make 'flight 1' so will they have issues with 'flight 2' ? I'm hoping it wont show up as no-show and get the ticket messed up. Or they get to LHR and have ticket issues there.

Anyone familiar with the process know if we should call and get anything else sorted out?

Thanks
Old Jan 17, 2024, 10:04 am

Programs: AA EXP; SQ Gold; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by zalemam
Hello,

I'm trying to calm my parents down and figure out if they're going to be flying without any issues.

I originally booked them a flight to RUH with Saudia Airlines. Booked from their website, no issues RDU-JFK-RUH. Return: JED-JFK-RDU.

RDU-JFK with American Airlines

Last night the domestic flight got cancelled due to weather. We got an email from american airlines to call them to rebook the flight.

My parents called AA, they were rebooked, and that flight also got cancelled due to weather and now there isnt any connection flight that would get them to JFK on time to catch the JFK-RUH leg

So we decided to call Saudia to try and rebook them on a different flight the following day.

Saudia states American made changes on the ticket and they're now locked out of making any modifications. They ask us to call American to get it sorted.

Called AA again and after hours of being on the phone with them, They rerouted us and took blame for all the issues. The previous person they talked to from AA cancelled the domestic outbound and inbound legs and they had to redo the tickets

Now our booking shows the following in AA app:

Flight 1: JFK-RUH Flight 2: RDU-LHR-RUH Flight 3: JED-DOH-JFK-RDU

It says we're checked in for the first leg of RDU-LHR

Says to check-in on the BA website for the second leg but BA site keeps throwing errors at me.

For all these flights we have seats confirmed and ticket numbers. Everything says confirmed.

My concern is: My parents obviously wont make 'flight 1' so will they have issues with 'flight 2' ? I'm hoping it wont show up as no-show and get the ticket messed up. Or they get to LHR and have ticket issues there.

Anyone familiar with the process know if we should call and get anything else sorted out?

Thanks
This is a problem with AA IT on tickets operated by other airlines. This problem happens even with other Oneworld airlines. I imagine it's more problematic with non-OW airlines, like Saudia, so the original flight will probably stay linked to the record locator until they no-show at JFK. If they've already checked in for the RDU-LHR leg, it should be fine. It's probably just a matter of Saudia and AA's systems failing to communicate with each other.

Question: How much time do they have at LHR?
Old Jan 17, 2024, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by npretnar

Question: How much time do they have at LHR?
3.5 Hour layover in LHR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.