Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status Match from Delta

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2024, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Angry Status Match from Delta

Hi all - wondering if anyone has recently done a status match from Delta to American? I've been going back and forth and can not for the life of me get Delta to provide my end of 2022 status. Has anyone successfully done this and what did you send to American?
Old Jan 10, 2024, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lgeorgian
Hi all - wondering if anyone has recently done a status match from Delta to American? I've been going back and forth and can not for the life of me get Delta to provide my end of 2022 status. Has anyone successfully done this and what did you send to American?
I just did this the last week of December and sent American a screen shot from the DL app showing my 2022 status and also the 2023 status I had achieved. AA responded within an hour and granted me Platinum Pro with an Instant Status Match challenge.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL 2MM, AA ExPlat, UA S, HH S, MR LT Titanium, National Exec
I did mine back in September last year, you know when they announced the changes. There was some back and forth on the documents I sent them but I just did screen prints and put them in a pdf of my activity which they accepted.

I would recommend as well to get the Citi card when they do accept. That and the eShopping and SimplyMiles really helped me boost my LP's to get fairly easily to ExPlat in my next phase in Feb (matched to Plat Pro)
Old Jan 10, 2024, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

I don't get it, I sent my screenshot of that too and they are saying they want how I ended the year of 2022. Like a screenshot of that, which would have been what I already sent.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

how did you get the pdf of the activity? i sent a full page screenshot of my activity and they are still denying me. this is painful.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 12:43 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA PPro, HHonors Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Enterprise Silver
When I did this back in October, This is how I did it. Directions were actually given to me by AA themselves.

However, I think they have updated the website since 1/5 so not sure if this still works on the new layout anymore.. "While logged into your account on the Overview page. Click Overview (top left) > account activity> then, on right side in the search - choose "custom"> and filter by dates 01/01/2022 - 12/31/2022."
Old Jan 10, 2024, 1:04 pm

Programs: 3MM DM, DL Reserve, HH Diamond, Nat Exec Elite, SPG, PC, etc...
I'm in phase 3 of my status match to AA from DL. It was super easy. A couple emails with info and screen shots and I was on my way as an AA EXP.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Do they give you a certain base number of loyalty points when the status match is done?

The reason I ask is that when you are put in line for complimentary upgrades on flights, your place in line is strictly based upon your 12 year rolling total loyalty points. If you are given none with status match, you would be in line behind everyone else on that list. That said, as an EXP you would be put into the line 100 hours prior to the flight; however, the comp upgrades are often not released until T-24h or T-10h or even closer to flight time, in which case practically every single other person with any status would be ahead of you presuming they were not gifted that status by someone else, since they would have had to earn it by accruing loyalty points within the last status year.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat - some level of status in IHG, Marriot & HIlton
Originally Posted by Rossodio
Do they give you a certain base number of loyalty points when the status match is done?

The reason I ask is that when you are put in line for complimentary upgrades on flights, your place in line is strictly based upon your 12 year rolling total loyalty points. If you are given none with status match, you would be in line behind everyone else on that list. That said, as an EXP you would be put into the line 100 hours prior to the flight; however, the comp upgrades are often not released until T-24h or T-10h or even closer to flight time, in which case practically every single other person with any status would be ahead of you presuming they were not gifted that status by someone else, since they would have had to earn it by accruing loyalty points within the last status year.
Wouldn't they just be at the bottom of the list of EXPs. Pretty sure the upgrade line is status first, then points.
Mr. BoH likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

They are going to match me to Platinum (even though I should be Exec Platinum). They asked me for a start date - do you recommend I wait until March 1 since I don't have a flight until mid-march AND their annual year starts March 1? Which Citi card did you get?
Old Jan 10, 2024, 9:26 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
They are going to match me to Platinum (even though I should be Exec Platinum). They asked me for a start date - do you recommend I wait until March 1 since I don't have a flight until mid-march AND their annual year starts March 1? Which Citi card did you get?
Depends when you can earn the Loyalty Points, if you can bang through LP before March 1 on credit cards, you'd be better off starting now then letting the year reset on March 1 and you can double dip on credit card bonuses, but it's probably too short a time to do that unless you can push through a lot of spend in that time.

The Citi card gives you 10k bonuses of LP when you earn 50k LP and 90K LP, doesn't matter how you earn those LP, you can never spend a dollar on the card and you'll get those bonuses as long as you earn the LP in your AA account. The Barclay's Silver Aviator card gives you bonuses for spend, 5k at $20k, 5k at $40k, and 5k at $50k, so 15k in bonus LP for $50k in spend, the problem is you can't directly apply for a Silver card, so unless you already have it, that won't do you any good, you have to apply for the lower card then get invited to the Silver card.

In total if you have both cards you can get 35k/membership year in LP from bonuses, and if you do an Instant Status Pass you can get 70k during the Instant Status Pass period since it shifts the year you earn status outside the normal earning year.
ZenFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 7:12 am

Programs: DL 2MM, AA ExPlat, UA S, HH S, MR LT Titanium, National Exec
Platinum is the equivalent to Gold in DL. Platinum Pro is the equivalent to DL Plat. The website states what level you can match to, and it says for a limited time, so they may remove the top tier match at some point. If you are currently Diamond you can push to match Exec Plat. If they won't you can get to it for your second Phase by getting 67K LP in the first phase, you just don't get it in the first phase. of course you have to have 134K LP by the end of the second phase to have it in the last Phase but they soft land to the level you did earn LP to if you don't earn enough LP in each phase (which would be 84K LP for Plat Pro after second phase).

I got the Citi Executive card for the 20K LP boost and the AC access (not restricted to 15 visits like the AMEX).

Last edited by GaryDD; Jan 11, 2024 at 7:21 am
Old Jan 11, 2024, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Got it, sounds like March 1 will make the most sense for me. Thanks, appreciated!
Old Jan 19, 2024, 5:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Any idea how to do this with the new SkyMiles overview UI, my dad is trying to apply for a DM to EXP match and can't figure out how to get the 2022 activity or the 2023 activity even.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 6:26 am
Original Poster

It was a HUGE pain I sent so much stuff -screenshots and they were only going to honor Plat pro not exec (even though I'm Diamond) then suddenly they wrote back and accepted Diamond. I had sent my dashboard back in December before it changed and then again this month and my current Diamond card. It was two weeks of emails and explaining that Delta could not provide my 2022 statement and suddenly they accepted what I had.
MorganB and JojaFlyer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.