Search

Rant: cell phone use in Admirals Clubs

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2024, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Rant: cell phone use in Admirals Clubs

If you need (or just want) to have a phone call in an Admirals Club (really anywhere, but this is about the lounges), preferably find a quiet location to have a quiet call, though if you do choose to stay in your seat, please at least be conscious of your volume. And if you’re in the CLT Terminal C club right now parading around the entire club while speaking at full volume, just stop. Please just stop.
schriste, Spiff, vasantn and 42 others like this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 10:57 am
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Blumie
If you need (or just want) to have a phone call in an Admirals Club (really anywhere, but this is about the lounges), preferably find a quiet location to have a quiet call, though if you do choose to stay in your seat, please at least be conscious of your volume. And if you’re in the CLT Terminal C club right now parading around the entire club while speaking at full volume, just stop. Please just stop.
I agree, I've once been talking super quietly on a call and was told to speak up because they could hear others louder than me.

It's even worse in the United Clubs/Polaris, I've seen several people do exactly that at the same time.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
How else will all of you know how Important I am?
Old Jan 4, 2024, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
The business cubes are the worst.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:14 pm

Programs: AAdvantage (Platinum)
They often do go to a quiet area, which is why they go to the no-cellphones area to make their call.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by armus
They often do go to a quiet area, which is why they go to the no-cellphones area to make their call.
That’s easy enough to deal with by giving a warning on a first infraction and a lifetime Admirals Club ban on a second.
ZenFlyer, jtav559, hhdl and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
This should be any obnoxious behavior.

Max volume ringtones, watching videos without headphones, or loud conversations.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:38 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Yesterday at the MIA FL there were not one, but three people having full volume *speakerphone* conversations. This has gotten out of hand. Relatedly, the other day at the JFK Soho, I saw what appeared to be an influencer of some sort, set up a tripod for her iPhone in front of the bar and then subsequently force the bartenders to “act” in her video…
Old Jan 4, 2024, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA,SPG, Delta, Amtrak, JB
Originally Posted by Blumie
Why use your inside voice. when you need to draw attention to yourself. What better way to say hey - look at me, I'm in a lounge. Listen to any of their conversations and tell me if they can't wait to get where they are going to have their mundane conversations.
Spiff, jmj9905, pH and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA,SPG, Delta, Amtrak, JB
Originally Posted by Antarius
How else will all of you know how Important I am?
Exactly
Old Jan 4, 2024, 1:27 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Wait til people start making in-flight speakerphone calls over wifi. Inevitable.
Silver Fox and BWISkyGuy like this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 1:39 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by armus
Had this in ORD a few weeks ago. I made a few very loud statements that I assumed the person on the other end of the call would not want to hear, and this person quickly left the area.
Spiff, Redhead, roberto99 and 6 others like this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 1:53 pm

Overhead one a couple of months ago in DFW C.

The person was calling their credit card company on speakerphone at blaring volume. Of the course the automated account info before played out. I learned their balance was $21.3K and they had $600 in available credit. They then waited for the agent to inquire why the $500 payment the made that morning hadn't posted yet,
Old Jan 4, 2024, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Reposting this as it's relevant and it's 2024. And the GF in that incident has now been replaced.....

---------------------------------------------
The girlfriend and I were in the AC (MIA D30 on what was an actually quiet morning) when this woman started up a Zoom/Webex/Teams call - no earbuds, no headset, no nothing. She apparently was the call leader. After about 5 minutes of corporate babble speak, the GF started getting really annoyed. So we decided to start talking about anal sex. That got the woman's attention.....She moved. I should have taken the GFs advice and had us go to the Centurion. But at the Centurion, substitute Zoom calls for 100 selfies of how important you are because you got into the Centurion Lounge.
Spiff, Redhead, roberto99 and 19 others like this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA, B6, DL, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by enviroian
The business cubes are the worst.
Yes. The reverb effect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.