Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Would I be offered a "buy-up" to F on a Basic Economy itinerary?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2023, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles

I have a domestic itinerary that's in Basic Economy. I haven't seen any F "buy-up" offers as I had in the past, so I assume that's because I'm in Basic? Would I need to upfare to regular economy to be able to get the F offer, if any? Non-elite here.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 11:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Yes, no upgrade offers are offered on BE reservations. And it's not possible to upfare to a regular fare - that would defeat the purpose of BE restrictions.
JJeffrey likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by aacar
Yes, no upgrade offers are offered on BE reservations. And it's not possible to upfare to a regular fare - that would defeat the purpose of BE restrictions.
Oh okay, I thought it would be possible to upfare to regular economy (the difference was like $30?) if I called in. I think UA or DL offers that, but wasn't sure about AA.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Oh okay, I thought it would be possible to upfare to regular economy (the difference was like $30?) if I called in. I think UA or DL offers that, but wasn't sure about AA.
Only if you call within 24 hours of booking the ticket, after that, AA won't allow you to pay the difference to regular Main.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.