Checked Luggage Overnight Layover

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2023, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Checked Luggage Overnight Layover

Hi All,

We have an overnight layover at MIA next week, arriving from IND at 8:18 pm and departing for STT the next day at 11:17 am. All on the same reservation/ticket. Will be able to check our luggage through to STT in IND or will we have to claim it in MIA and recheck it the next day?

Thanks!
Old Dec 14, 2023, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA, but I play the field
Originally Posted by PresRDC
Hi All,

We have an overnight layover at MIA next week, arriving from IND at 8:18 pm and departing for STT the next day at 11:17 am. All on the same reservation/ticket. Will be able to check our luggage through to STT in IND or will we have to claim it in MIA and recheck it the next day?

Thanks!
The official time limit for through-checking your bags on AA is 16.5 hours, so you should be fine. Fwiw I've also had slightly longer layovers in MIA (17-19 hours) and the bags were through-checked without question.
PresRDC likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA
I had this on a flight from Montana to South Texas. Had to overnight at DFW. They checked my luggage all the way through. The only negative was they put my luggage on a flight that went out that night and it beat me to my destination. There are two people that work the desk and the gate so I had to wait 30 min longer than everyone else because they had my case locked up in the office. I just wanted to go home so I was a bit annoyed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.